Defining moment

Discussion in 'Single Parents' started by Ginger84, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Ginger84

Ginger84 Well-Known Member

I have finally accepted that DH and I are not going to get back together (He left me in January) and it feels like a weight off my shoulders, i am putting myself and my LO first, i feel less stressed and i haven't cried in 2 weeks (which is good for me i was crying everyday lol!) i am not sure what happened to make me change the way i am feeling but it feels good and long may it continue!

Was there a defining moment for you after you and your partner broke up or when you became a mum? I'd love to hear your feel good stories of how you came out the other side and are now happier for it.

x

2. AbbynChloe

AbbynChloe Well-Known Member

When I get to see Chloe's firsts, before i used to get really upset that her wasn't there to share, then one dy I was laughing, because only I will get to share this with Chloe.

He always asks me how she is doing, and when I try to explain a funny thing she had said or done, he never quite got it. In my minda I was like "Ha, bet you wished you saw that!"

I am happier I feel lighter, there is no stress no arguing, and I have the final say! awesome!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

I brought Lily to get a professional photo done about 3 weeks ago - the photographer asked me what style I had in mind and I told her that as FOB wasn't around, I wanted something special with just me and her.

The photo I'm having framed nearly made me cry when I first saw it - it's just so beautiful. Lily's hand is on my face, she looks really happy and I'm very close to her but in the background, kind of supporting her. It's a photo I know I'm going to treasure for the rest of my life because it's just me and her together.

And since having it done, I've become a lot happier in myself, and Lily and I have really started to bond.

4. lal

lal Well-Known Member

FOB and I weren't together when I was pregnant, and he put me through hell. I was back and forth about the baby's last name because I wanted FOB to be happy and be part of everything. I was so stressed out about it, and he wouldn't even talk to me. We finally met a few days before I was to be induced (hadn't seen him in months and barely heard from him) and he told me that our son would have his last name, whether I liked it or not. I had been talking to a lawyer and knew it was completely my choice. Him being such a jerk, while I was 9 months pregnant and he'd not been there a bit of it (was busy dating a trashy young girl that didn't want him around me), was the last straw. I left there knowing my son would have my last name and I didn't owe FOB anything - he wasn't worried about my feelings, I finally stopped worrying about his. He's still a jerk to me, and I do still get upset, but I gained a whole lot of independence from him that night. And I still have the memory of it whenever I start to feel sorry for him, or when he's being a jerk again.