Definitely Middle Child Syndrome

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Jayden has now resorted to wanting me to do everything for him. I think what he's doing is stooping to baby level again to gain attention.

OH was the youngest child in his family so he seems to think that being the baby of the family is the hardest, but I think it's the middle child. I think I am beginning to make him understand.

Jayden has resorted to screaming matches recently too and it's beyond the point where you can even get his focus to talk him down. I am going to try a tactic of getting him to go for a walk with me when he gets in that mode.

Also, responsibility charts are going up again and I am sending him off to Character Camp.

He's not a bad kid at all. But he's just trying to get attention even if it's negative.

I think it is middle child syndrome hun. Eddie is our middle child and since Ozzie was born he's completely gone back to baby behavour. He won't pull his own pants up or wipe his face after dinner. Things he is perfectly capable of. Plus he seeks attention from our eldest because he knows that if I won't baby him the she will :rolleyes: :lol:

Good on you for getting the charts back up. I'm thinking maybe I should try that.

He's 7. You wouldn't think he'd stoop there, but it dawned on me yesterday that is exactly what he is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->