definitely think i have PND.

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
I can't stop feeling so low.
My baby hates me - you can all tell me he doesn't, but I know he does. He acts fine with other people and with other people around, but the moment it's just him and i, he just becomes so cranky and I'm lucky if anything I do makes him content.
I love him - but I can't help but feeling like I hate him when he's so cranky that nothing calms him. I'm such a crap mom. :(

Aww hun your not a bad mum and he doesnt hate you :hugs:
Trust me i no how your feeling iv been throu it twice am still on medication
make an appointment with your doc hun am sure he can help :hugs:
And if you ever need to talk just pm me :hugs:

Hi hun sorry to hear you feel that way but my friend went thru this so just thought I would share abit f her story....
she felt the same, felt the baby didn't love her & would let everyone else push the pram & sort her out when she cried etc... She would rant and scream at her OH until one day he just stormed out with baby and went to his mums. It was then she realised something was wrong with her & went to drs with MIL.
Her daughter is now nearly 4 yrs old. She is still on medication but loves her daughter to bits. She said the medication as helped her loads and she is slowly going to start weaning herself off it in the near future.
Dont be ashamed to say you feel this way, but just speak to your dr or midwife as they will be able to help you discuss all worries in more depth.

Hope everything goes well....:hug: for you and baby..

Feel better soon :hugs:

Awww hun u are not a bad mum, im sure he doesnt hate u one single bit, sometimes brooke is like that with me, she smiles etc at other people lol, and frowns at me, Hope u feel better soon babes :hugs:

:hugs:
Hope you feel better soon Natalie-
Honestly I feel similar about Elyse at times but it seems to be getting a bit better..
Maybe give your doctor a call, it can't hurt!

oh hun you are not a crap mom :hugs: Maybe after I get this move over with we can try to meet up. I don't have a car but I'd be more than happy for you to come visit maybe get you out a bit, talking to another mom.... :hugs:

Trust me the first little bit is extremely hard and I had my moments (well several) of thinking Hannah hated me, doubting myself! You aren't alone in feeling like this :hugs:

Thanks girls...
it's so hard.
But then when he's good I'm totally on :cloud9:

:hugs: definitely talk to your doctor. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Awww hun, it will get better :hugs:

Dont be sad and upset, its completely normal to feel like this.....

We are all here to help you. Go speak to your doc and see if they can help

:friends: :hugs: xxxxxxxxxx

Huge hugs. I had PND with my daughter & its horrible. Least you are being honest with yourself. Please speak to your doctor or HV. You will be feeling better really soon.

I came on here too looking for a bit of cheering up as I am feeling exactly the same as you! I put so much pressure on myself to make Fraser constantly happy and content but sometimes anything I do just makes him scream more and I look at him and think that we are just both making each other miserable :( The important thing is that its not uncommon and Im sure it will pass
Hugs xxx

i think everyone developes a kind of PND at times... Having a baby is really hard... I have felt the way you do... And I still get really frustrated at times, like this past weekend I felt like I was loosing my mind with mood swings... Its an adjustment for sure...

And babies feed off frustration unfortunately... I hope you feel better and get to pamper yourself sometimes!!!

you are not a crap mum, you just FEEL crap.... go see your doc love. there's plenty of help to address it. xxxx

I felt the same way when Tye was smaller. Everyone but me could settle him easier and quicker and i wondered why because im his mummy, im the one who should be able to do it not others. But after i realised it was because i was so stressed and tired and just didnt realise and Tye was actually picking up on that. It doesnt mean your a bad mum.
If your really feeling that low, please go to your doctor. It took me 5months to realise i needed to see my doc, i am now on anti depresants and im slowly feeling much better x

Thanks girls..
I have an appointment on the 7th so I'll talk to my doctor about it then!

Awww hun i think u need to talk to your doctor.....babies can sense when ur down so def speak to someone, your happiness is important aswell as your babies xxx

:hugs: I'm sorry you're going through this hon, before your appt. try to remember that baby's cries don't mean rubbish about liking people or not, it's baby's job to cry and parents' job to respond to these cries and help baby to the best of their abilities. Grady isn't even a month old, you haven't had enough time to fully get to know him and respond the way he wants you to respond at all times, things will get better.

hello ,, your baby doesn't hate you he's picking up your vibes ,, if your relaxed your baby will be to..

Talk to your doc asap i had pnd after all my children actually i still take my meds after the last one.

The tablets take about a week to start working but you will feel so much better in the long run. Don't keep it yourself talk about how you feel most of us have felt how you feel and believe me it will get better x

:hugs: you're not alone. Remember, like Jelly Bean said, that babies don't cry because of how they feel about different people, babies can't be angry and don't have opinions about people yet! They cry to tell us what they need. I'm sure you're doing fine, it takes a while to figure it out, I'm still struggling to know what Jack needs most of the time!

It'll help to talk to someone about how you're feeling and to talk over all the options with your doctor, not just the pills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->