Deflated? Losing suck?

Seraphim

Amazing Baby Girl
Reaction score
I feel silly asking this, but the past few days... Hazel keeps coming off the boob, especially in the evening.

It seems like as they're not bursting with milk by then, she loses suction. Am I being daft?

I had pert B cup boobs, so its not like their floopy and hard to handle :rofl:

pressing the outside seems to help... but its just another thing to juggle.

Any ideas? :shrug:

Hmm I'm not sure - does she go back on again? Lots of babies have a 'fussy time' in the evenings - milk flow can be slower I think - I think there is info about it on the kellymom website, but am not sure whereabouts?

Yep she goes back, but its one of those things.. you never know if its time to shift some wind, or if shes had enough - and then you worry you've run out :rofl:

no worries, you are not empty... your supply is likely regulating... or she is getting better at eating and gets frustrated at a slower flow... or she is going thru the 6 week spurt and empties them but wants more... in any case she needs to learn to work it out at the boob

:hugs:

I love that phrase ;)

Work it out at the boob.
:rofl:

So true ;)

haha! I tell my DH that all the time when Otter gets frustrated during spurts and such.

Otter: *trying to nurse, punching my boobs, grunting in frustration* :hissy:
DH: What is his problem??
Me: He's hungry. Going through a spurt and wants more, but he has emptied me.
DH: Let me make him a bottle. (of stored EBM)
Me: :nope: He needs to work it out at the boob.

:haha:

haha! I tell my DH that all the time when Otter gets frustrated during spurts and such.

Otter: *trying to nurse, punching my boobs, grunting in frustration* :hissy:
DH: What is his problem??
Me: He's hungry. Going through a spurt and wants more, but he has emptied me.
DH: Let me make him a bottle. (of stored EBM)
Me: :nope: He needs to work it out at the boob.

:haha:

I saw you write that p-hrase a few weeks ago & I kinda copied it & said it to my OH too & he smiled & said, "You're BFing him, not councelling him honey!" Made me laugh, but even so, working it out at the boob is so true, lol. I'm now preparing for that wonderful 3 month growth spurt that's just a round the corner, so I'm sure it'll become my mantra when he's cluster feeding 24/7 & I'm getting tired & frustrated, hehe! :)

OMG! That was my mantra this weekend! We had the mother of all feeding spurts -- the 5 month! :argh: Back to eating every 45 - 75 minutes, only now he can suck HARD... my nipple was bleeding again! :dohh: I'm still mega sore. :sigh:

Good luck with your next spurt!! :thumbup:

And :rofl: not counceling him!!! hahahahaha!!!

Ladies, you make me laugh!
There is a great guide to breast compression (which I think is what you mean by "pressing the outside") here: https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?optio...ast-compression&catid=5:information&Itemid=17 Is baby maybe coming off because he's not getting enough milk? Could it be that either the latch isn't so good (I get a bit haphazard in the evening) or that your supply is a bit low? Perhaps switch nursing would help. https://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T022800.asp

Mel

Wonderful reading, and great link to latching videos here www.drjacknewman.com

In the last 24 hours I've realised and started to correct a few problems...

We started with a great latch, but I stopped paying attention and making sure LO was working the boob right. Those videos were a great reminder of what we should be achieving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->