Defo TMI: piles; brilliant.

franny_k

Mummy to Grace and Jude
Reaction score
So, past few days I've felt a bit itchy round my bum. :blush: In the shower today thought I'd have a feel and (here comes TMI) I have a few protruding piles. I know that they're common in pregnancy but it's just RUBBISH that I've got them now. Has anyone else suffered and can anyone recommend me some RELIEF. THey've got more and more painful during the day. Doesn't help that one thing I'm supposed to do is not sit down too much despite the fact that I can hardly walk. :wacko: Will see doctor tomorrow if I'm still this uncomfortable. Am completely bloody fed up now! :nope:

:( I haven't had them, but I'm really worried about getting them. I had a slight prolapse after labour with my daughter, and if I get problems "going" now I'm always worried I'll have it come out again :shock: :sick:

My best advice would be to see the doctor and get a cream if possible.Hope you get rid of them soon and that you're not too uncomfortable

Yep. I'm a sufferer. I've basically been inserting germaloid suppositories daily, and then if they pop out, applying the cream. I find if I do the suppositories at least three times a week then it keeps them under controll. It took about a week of dedicated suppository and cream action to get the little buggers under controll, but it's worked. Hope this helps x

Diz - thanks for your reply. Will see doc and see if I can get some on prescription tomorrow. Have some rubbish herbal cream and just taken some paracetamol to see if I can get through the night. As if sleeping isn't difficult enough! Pah!

I know honey.... It's the pits! Xx

I have terrible ones, mine actually thrombosed. Try a cold compress followed by warm bath and wash the area with bicarbonate of soda ad water. Then back to cold compress, anusol works, but if they thrombosed you may need stronger meds...

Mine have gone down but 4 weeks later are still protruding!

Gilly - eek! Not nice :( . Pregnancy is so unglamorous!

I don't know if I have piles or not but I get an itchy bum hole now and then after a difficult BM and what works for me is apple cider vinegar applied directly on a bit of tissue every time I go to the loo. Might sting for a second but after that it is so soooooothing. Stops the itchiness right away for me.

Lady_Bee - thanks for reply. Never heard of that remedy before but worth trying. Went to docs today and they prescribed Anusol (lovely name!). Things definitely better today but still sore. Hope they bugger off soon!

iv been suffering the same, and cant get a bloody doctors appt for 3 damn weeks!! what can i do in the meantime as pharmacy refusing me anything for it grr

I've had them for a while. The creams help, but for me I think just using Tucks pads or even baby wipes help, as they're not so rough on the already inflamed tissue. Mine aren't itchy or painful usually, but they're not small either. I can't seem to get them to go away, and I'm scared of hurting myself everytime I have to poop. You might say I'm scared shitless:)

i have them and my doctor gave me Anusol which has been a life saver as i couldnt sit down without being in pain they have shrunk down but not gone completely.

& to top things off NOW I HAVE THRUSH!!! might as well throw incontinence at me while they are at it :haha: all my dignity is out the window and i havent even got to the labor part yet :dohh:

Sam - the Anusol has definitely calmed things down but (sorry TMI) I now have one which is hanging out! NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Is this a prolapse? It's fricking disgusting. Going to hold out til Friday and then go back to docs if it's stll being naughty. Hope you get your thrush sorted - it's completely undignified all of this I agree! xx

im also at the doctors friday when they told that, that was the only appointment available i felt like saying to the receptionist "you want me to sit here with an itchy vagina and grapes on my arsehole til firday??" but i just said "yes thats fine" :rofl:

Anasul. But with any cream, it will still hurt if they are "outies" The trick is to apply the cream, then push them back inside. As soon as they are inside, the pain goes away and you can’t even feel them.

God, pregnancy is gross lol

I have suffered with this problem for a few years, so i cant even blame the pregnancy :(
I use anusol and suppositories when its really bad.

I always struggle to go to the loo and i bleed ALOT when i do go. (sort of the same amount you get with a heavy period/nosebleed!) I was given a bottle of some liquid stuff to help things along... but even then it hurts and bleeds.

Sometimes i bleed from the back when i've only pee'd! Not pleasant at all. Hmmf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->