delayed ovulation as a result of B6 supplement?

j1405

Mum to Ethan and Ruben
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone experienced delayed ovulation since starting b6 supplementation?

I normally have a 26 day cycle so I thought supplementing with B6/Bcomplex might help to lengthen my lutheal phase a bit. I started taking it this month when AF started and now it seems like my whole cycle is a mess and i ovulated waaaayy later?

I'm only taking a 25mg supplement, so nothing extreme. Has this happened to anyone? I have never had a cycle like this before :shrug:

When my periods returned after having my daughter my first luteal phase was 3 days long. Probably normal for first ovulation, but I panicked and started taking B6 immediately. I then didn't ovulate till CD60 of that cycle. I don't know whether it was because it was first proper pp cycle, or because I was taking the B6, but the wait was agonising. I've heard from other women that it delayed ovulation for them too. It's really hard to know what to do, as it's good for luteal phases, but can hinder ovulation.

Good luck, I hope you ovulate soon.

I took it last time I was ttc and it seemed to mess my cycle up to so I stopped taking it

B6 hasn't affected my O date whatsoever, but I did read that it could for some other women so I start B6 only after O. Also, it probably depends on dosage. My regular multivitamins have a very very small amount of B6 and I take that daily, but I take B6 on top of that after O.

Thanks ladies. Wel I wont be taking it again next cycle should af start. I am now ' 3 days late'. Thanks allot B6, now I get a 3 week wait instead of a 2 week wait. Urgh!

Not only delayed ov but I had a huge appetite and kept putting on the pounds. I swapped my preg vits to another one with much less B6 in it xx

Did you track your signs of ovulation to pinpoint when it may have occurred?

I had almost the same thing happen to me this past cycle. My cycles are normally on the longer side, but my luteal phase was between 10-12 days long, so I was afraid I had an issue with progesterone and I wanted to see if I could lengthen that. I began taking an activated vitamin b-complex that had just 10mg of vitamin b-6. Not too much at all. Yet I went from getting a positive OPK around CD18 to getting one on CD24-- and I don't think I ovulated until CD26. What was crazy is that it looked like I wasn't even getting close to ovulation in the days leading up to CD24. (normally I have a fade in and fade out pattern.) I panicked and stopped the vitamin b-complex around CD22, and it was only 2 days later that I finally got my LH surge...

Looking back I guess it makes sense. If b-6 can increase your progesterone levels, then it would make sense that it could also delay ovulation since progesterone naturally has that effect. I feel so stupid for not thinking of it sooner. I also took maca during that time, but I'm really thinking it was the b-6. I got my period 13-14 days after suspected ovulation, so I know that I was reading my signs right. It was just crappy to have a 39 day cycle... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"