Delaying vaccinations

beanie

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience of this. I was told by my HV that Seren was due to have her MMR and the pneumococcil (sp) done next month (though still not heard anyhting) and I have decided to delay them but am unsure how I go about this. Do I just say to my HV I am doing this, or do I just cancel the appointment. If I cancel it are they likely to come after me with a massive hyperdermic and hunt me down :? :lol:

LOL loving the image of a HV chasing you down road with a huuuuuuggggggeeeeee needle :lol:

They will just make you another more convenient appointment

can i be nosey and ask why you want to delay them?

I am still undecided about her having them, so want some more time, plus I would feel better if she had a bigger break betwen jabs

nosey :)

Ah right, i think you are doing the right thing to get all the info on them that you can

I thought long and hard before letting Emily have the MMR

I hate even giving my kids calpol etc... if i can help it, you know like after 1st set of Jabs they used to tell me to give it just in case :shock:

I don't take paracetomal "just in case" i get a headache later :roll:

Alisha had separate jabs instead of MMR but we did delay hers until she was nearly 18 months old. We then had her measles done at the same time as Gabriels booster (he had separate jabs too). I just kept canceling the appt with the DRs for her MMR although i did tell them we were having them done sep, so they didn't send any more out.

Does it cost to have them done separate?

I took Jack to have what i though was his MMR on thursday but it was a new seperate one they have introduced, is it HIB?

He has his actual MMR in 4 weeks.

Amy had her and it never did any harm, i know where you are coming from beanie with being unsure, but i thought i'd rather them have the injection than the illness.

Mummy2twoplusbump said:
Alisha had separate jabs instead of MMR but we did delay hers until she was nearly 18 months old. We then had her measles done at the same time as Gabriels booster (he had separate jabs too). I just kept canceling the appt with the DRs for her MMR although i did tell them we were having them done sep, so they didn't send any more out.
ah right, I might do that and avoid talking to my HV. Am still unsure whether she will have the jabs, but if she does she will have the single ones. I have read the recommendation about spacing them out, did you find you were able to tell them when you wanted them done or do they set a timetable for you.

kacy had her mmr about 6 weeks ago and she had no side affects what ever, the new one though thats confusing their is too different jabs to it, so i have spaced them out, she one lot 2 weeks ago then she have the other half next wednesday

KX said:
Does it cost to have them done separate?

Yeah you have to pay - I think its between £60-80 per jab, though I might be wrong.

when i have the new injection at different times, its the nurse that suggested it and they didn't say anything about having to pay anything, but it might depend on the doctors

Is the new injection the pneumocochal one? If so then that is free. Here they will leave about 3 months between each injection as a matter of course but I am still going to delay this until I get more information about it. The singles that you have to pay for are the MMR ones

Is it safer to have MMR individually? is there less risk with it that way?

dont mean to sound contradictive in any way but their is no real BIG proof that having them seprate can prevent outism is their or am i wrong?

Adele had the MMR together and so will Colby :D

no there isn't. its not the autism link that I am particularly concerned about (though I would prefer to wait till she is older just in case, and I feel that more research needs to be done regarding Thimerosol), more the fact that she is having 3 vaccines altogether, I would prefer it if she would have them seperately.

if u have them seperatly do u have to pay for it personally or do the nhs pay 4 it ?

So if u have the MMR older does that reduce the risk of autism etc? Sorry I am asking loads but Rebecca's will come up soon and I always dreaded the thought of it last year. Not its upon us :shock:

Unfortunately you have to pay for them privately. It costs around £80 -£100 depending on the clinic u use. We got a discount on Alisha's and Gabriel's booster, and will get extra discount for this lo when the time comes as u get sibling discount. We go to an outreach clinic for a company based in London so jabs more expensive than if done at clinic (approx £20 more). We go to Plymouth and then go shopping and take kids for burger after for a treat.

Well I am deaf as a result of the lovely measles so that made my mind up for me but as for the autism link i didnt give it a second thought.

My next will get the MMR done and when it is needed but i admit I wouldnty like giving the MMR and the other one (pnemoccial (sp?) so close together.

Arrrrgh nightmare all these drigs and choices

BTW my hubby has never had a needle in his life lol no innoculation nothing....madness :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->