deleted

How about

Briita Louisa Lustig

will come back when i can think of some more lol x

ooo! Thank you!!! I love that!

I'm not too smitten with first names that start with the same letter as the last name, but the middle name makes it roll off the tongue quite nicely!!

You've opened up a whole new door for me! Thank you!

:rofl: Brita water filters is what I think of with Brita too!

How would you pronounce Briita? I think it looks very pretty!

Like "Breeta" or "Britta" or ??

I love Isaac! I would definitely give it if I lived in an English-speaking country... Here it just sounds weird as you can't pronounce the AA. Simon is a nice name too! It used to be on my list but I grew bored of it.

Briita... Well as you said it reminds me too much of the filters!

Thanks girls :)

It would be BREE-ta.

Hmm...so many options! Another name on my list is Aurelia, as it was my grandma's name...but she said she hated her name! I was thinking to use it as a middle name...but ...

Tasha! How do you EVER choose?!?!?!?!? I'm only 11 weeks and already freaking out :)

Thanks girls :)

It would be BREE-ta.

Hmm...so many options! Another name on my list is Aurelia, as it was my grandma's name...but she said she hated her name! I was thinking to use it as a middle name...but ...

Tasha! How do you EVER choose?!?!?!?!? I'm only 11 weeks and already freaking out :)

We didn't decide until after she was born (by Cesarean, while I had lots of anesthesia).. Elyse was a name we both liked the whole time and honestly if I didn't have all the anesthesia I think I would have been considering a couple of others still, but I had it and IDK I guess it was the only name really coming to mind?? lol. But I did love it while I was pregnant, OH liked it, and it was the only one we ever really agreed on :)

Well, I'm a little biased when it comes to the name Simon... :)
I lived in Sweden for a year and there were lots of Finnish folks there at uni with me.
Some neat names that I remember:
Tuuliki (TOO-lee-kee) which I believe means "little wind flower" - kind of nice for a little prairie girl!
Tove - (TOH-vay) a swedish name common in the Swedish-speaking part of Finland and she would then share a name with Tove Jansson - creator and author of the Moomins!
Jenni - (YEHN-nee) a unique form of Jenny

I don't know if any of those go with the names you put out, but just to get ideas flowing! :)
I think Aurelia is lovely - a really musical name. Use it as a middle name for sure!

Oooh Sarahkka I like the name Tuuliki, sounds nice and has a nice meaning, and Aurelia!!

I absolutely love Finnish names! My favourite one, I think, is Toivo for a boy. And maybe a bit partial to Kalevi (my husband's name :D)

It's just that the hubby isn't so sold on them cause they're really 'normal' for him. They're totally unique and beautiful to me, but he's so used to them that they all sound boring to him!

Sarahkka, thanks for your great suggestions! Do you know Swedish? I'd love to go visiting all the family over there some time...
The Tuuliki name threw me off... I know a Tuuluki and it's a man, so i was wondering why you said little prairie girl :) One letter makes a big difference! I love how you put the meaning in there and about the prairie girl! So cute!!

What does Simon's middle name mean? It's really neat! Albion, like al-BEE-yon?

This is so much fun! :) Thanks everyone for your great replies!

I absolutely love Finnish names! My favourite one, I think, is Toivo for a boy. And maybe a bit partial to Kalevi (my husband's name :D)

It's just that the hubby isn't so sold on them cause they're really 'normal' for him. They're totally unique and beautiful to me, but he's so used to them that they all sound boring to him!

Sarahkka, thanks for your great suggestions! Do you know Swedish? I'd love to go visiting all the family over there some time...
The Tuuliki name threw me off... I know a Tuuluki and it's a man, so i was wondering why you said little prairie girl :) One letter makes a big difference! I love how you put the meaning in there and about the prairie girl! So cute!!

What does Simon's middle name mean? It's really neat! Albion, like al-BEE-yon?

This is so much fun! :) Thanks everyone for your great replies!

Yes, I do speak Swedish. It's been over ten years since I lived there, but I can still hack through a conversation. Swedish is dead easy to learn, but Finnish is another language group and much much harder. Still, it's gorgeous in Scandinavia and well worth a visit - coming from a Canadian scenery snob, that means something!
Toivo is gorgeous - you MUST make your husband use that name! Toivo Isaac Lustig? Sounds pretty distinguished to me!:)
Albion (you are saying it correctly) was my great-grandfather's name and I really liked it. I just wasn't crazy about Alby or Al, so we used it as a middle name. It is from Arthurian legend - one of King Arthur's castle keeps was Albion.

Toivo is gorgeous - you MUST make your husband use that name! Toivo Isaac Lustig? Sounds pretty distinguished to me!:)
Albion (you are saying it correctly) was my great-grandfather's name and I really liked it. I just wasn't crazy about Alby or Al, so we used it as a middle name. It is from Arthurian legend - one of King Arthur's castle keeps was Albion.

You are totally my new best friend. I'm bringing this one back to Kalevi! If he disagrees I'll show him this thread and hopefully my BnBers will back me on it! A bunch of horomonal mothers should be able to put the scare into him right? :muaha:

That is the coolest story! He can say "Well MY name is from someone who protected King Arthur's castle! So ppffft!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->