deleted

I know what you mean, I used to have tonnes of friends, but me and my OH moved from Belfast up to Coleraine (tiny place at the very top of Northern Ireland) so she could go back to university. Seemed like a perfectly good idea at the time, but now I can't find a job (well, not many, I'm a childminder and no-one seems to need their kids looked after in this credit crunch!) so I'm stuck at home all day with the dog! My OH is either always at Uni or at work, she usually works 6-11pm, and as much as I know we had to move, I do regret it sometimes. I even posted an ad on a website here looking for friends and got alot of creepy guys replying! Also, cus OH is younger than me, she tends to go out with her friends back home (she's from 40 minutes away from where we live now), because they are all still at uni too and talk to each other everyday.e

Even when I do contact my 'friends' to let them know I'll be in belfast for the day, they dont wana know unless Im staying up to go out! I've never not had a friend I could just ring and say we're meeting up in an hour to go to the cinema or whatever, so its driving me mad now! My 'ex best friend' and I dont have any contact at all now because her new girlfriend didn't like how much time we spent together and made her chose her or me, and she picked her, nice!

Plus, as we're TTC, I'm slightly out of the loop too cus all my friends are gay and dont know why I even want a baby! All they ever do is go out and get drunk, and I dont drink anymore, Id rather be doin the garden or reading a book! I'm hoping it'll change once I have a baby, there's a lot of groups/activities I could go to.

So yeah, I'll be your friend! But in the meantime, I guess I'll just sit on here all day! :happydance:

If anyone is looking to move to Illinois (in the States).. I'd be more than happy to be friends with them! :) It's so lonely when everyone around you is awful or close to awful! LOL

I have family in Illinois and Indiana....I will gladly come!! Make room!! lol

Sounds good, I love the nonsense chatter! :lol:
DH is from Cali, Santa Barbara and I wish I there right now! :D

Santa Barbara.....ooohhhh, sounds so much nicer and cooler then my parts!!!

I know how you ladies feel, but I think it's all down to my own undoing, I work odd hours and sometimes arranging dates to meet with friends is impossible due to the fact that I'll probably be working, or have a long shift the next day. I have no contact with my school friends apart from facebook (I left school 12 years ago at 16) or from the people from the first time I went to college (16-18) Then I went through a huge amount of jobs over the next 5 years and ended up back at college to retrain in what I am currently doing. But my chosen career is tricky to get into and I ended up taking as many jobs as I possibley could! I have one good friend and 2 girls that I went to college with the 2nd time, but neither of them are where I am in my life, one of them is much younger and extremely self obsessed (and I'm still a bit annoyed at her for inviting someone to my wedding!)

I think I've gone on a bit, But if you ever want to chat I'm available for an online natter!

I have family in Illinois and Indiana....I will gladly come!! Make room!! lol

C'mon over... if my kitchen wasn't torn to shreds, I'm one heck of a cook! :) Maybe I'll have cabinets and a sink again by the time you get here! LOL :flower:

ipswich isnt far from the sea! lol. Felixstowe is just down the road. (if you can call that the seaside!!)

I live nearer the coast, so you must be more inland.

I love suffolk. so beautiful.

Hey hun i tottaly know what you mean -I am a raf wife and its a pain in the arse !! I know a few of the wives but hardly anyone else and my best friend had just move north and i am due to move south in a week - down to middlesex - you sound like a lovely person hun - especially helping that girl out .... xxx

Please frrl free to PM me altho i will be off line as of a week monday for a while due to being posted !! xxxx hugs

I'm the same! I don't really have any friends at the moment, i moved around alot as a child, and never really built up a base of proper friends, i moved back to Ireland from the uk when i was 17 and found everyone so cliquey, i made some good friends at work (or thought i had!) and considered them best friends, but when it came down to it, because i wasn't a school friend, i wasn't a 'proper' friend, it was very tough, and i did try, but i then got sick, and couldn't do all the running round anymore, so i never heard from them again... it is tough, and a bit lonely, but my dh and i have just moved a while ago, so am looking to get out there and try make some new friends!
b&b has been great, also my dh is really great, but a bit of female company is greatly missed!!

I'd love to be your b&b buddy, if you'll have me! I live up north, in cheshire.:flower:

Hells yeah we'll have you :lol:
The more the merrier :D Just wish we all lived near each other!!! :lol:

Thank-you!
I wish we all lived nearer too... we'd have a great get together, all of us loners would be loners no more!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->