Deleted

I

imace

If this doesn't belong here then please move it! I just honestly wasn't sure where to put it! :wacko:

Lily is just over a year old and only has one 9oz bottle before bed. She is on Aptamil First Milk (the normal blue one). I never bothered with Follow On Milk.

Do I put her on the Growing Up Milk, or cows milk? And when should I start??

:flower:

I put Joseph on to cow's milk at 1, but it depends if you think your LO would benefit from the extra nutrients etc in growing up milk :flower: x

we use both.
lyssa was really didnt like cows milk to begin with, so now a days if she has a bottle (which isn't often) we use cow and gate growing up milk in it.
and we offer cows milk with breakfast and her afternoon snack. x

We use cows milk, started just before his first birthday, he has a bottle before breakfast and a bottle before bed :)

We switched to cow's milk a day after LO's first bday. Took to it straight away and he has a beaker throughout the day and a bottle before bed. I make sure he has a varied diet so he's getting lots of nutrients x

Cows milk is cheaper and easier to prepare. Growing up milk has a few extra nutrients.

Unless your LO has a limited diet, I'd go with cows milk every time.

I think I'll stick with the Growing Up Milk. Lily does eat well but she has off days where all she will eat is bread and rice cakes! Then at least I don't need to worry about her lacking in anything.

Thanks girlies :)

We were using both, but Omar is soo fusys when it comes to eating & drinking his bottles, so we are using toddlers milk most of the time (1-2 bottles)

I think I'll stick with the Growing Up Milk. Lily does eat well but she has off days where all she will eat is bread and rice cakes! Then at least I don't need to worry about her lacking in anything.

This was my concern when switching the milk, Bella is generally a good eater but sometimes will have days where she hardly touches anything, then others when she eats like a pig!

I use follow on milk as her bedtime milk and over the next week or so i'm going to start offering cows milk during the day.

We have used full fat cows milk since B was 1, I read an article a while ago that you only need to use the follow on milk to suppliment a childs diet, as long as they eat well, cows milk has all the nutrients they need

Can you give LO semi skimmed cows milk or does it have to be full fat milk?Sorry to highjack the thread lol.xxx

Can you give LO semi skimmed cows milk or does it have to be full fat milk?Sorry to highjack the thread lol.xxx

Full fat as semi and skimmed have a lot of the goodness taken out

This was my concern when switching the milk, Bella is generally a good eater but sometimes will have days where she hardly touches anything, then others when she eats like a pig!

I use follow on milk as her bedtime milk and over the next week or so i'm going to start offering cows milk during the day.

I think that's what I will end up doing. Offering her cows milk with breakfast maybe, and sticking with the growing up milk at bedtime. :thumbup:

Cows milk from about 11 months.

Honestly i think growing up milk is a con and it tastes like the milk you get at the bottom of cereal so really sweet which i dont get.

I'm not 100% sure yet as Lo is not keen on cows milk, I've tried to mix it with formula on his cereal and he's having none of it. I will try to mix half and half to wean him off formula soon though and see if I have any more luck. I personally would want to continue to give him some sort of vitamin supplement when he's one if he just had cows milk, so the choice is cows milk and a supplement (if he'll drink it) or growing up milk. I think the best solution might be cows milk in the morning and growing up milk at night, then I won't have to bother about getting him to take a vitamin supplement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"