delivery before 38wk due to depression

orangefish

Reaction score
My depression is really getting hold of me.
Im now 34weeks and with severe SPD also..

Saw the consultant today and he said that he would be prepared to deliver baby before week 38 (like arranged already) if I dont improve.

so if I was to be taken in at week 35/36, would an induction be tried out, or would it be a section straight away?

I should have asked these things, But couldnt talk much through the tears!

I'm sorry you are going through this. It must be really tough for you.
Is your doctor willing to deliver a preterm baby though? Are you willing to deliver your baby preterm? It's just me but I would probably want to wait until at least 37 weeks before delivering to ensure baby is at term and less likely to need help with breathing etc.

What treatment for your depression are you getting at the moment? Could you try some natural therapies - lavender and neroli are both safe during pregnancy (lavender after 1st trimester) and are help depression and neroli is helps anxiety as well. Could having regular counselling help get you through the last few weeks?

You will need to ask your consultant what he will want to do in terms of an induction or section. I am not sure how successful an induction would be when your body is so far out from naturally going into labour.

:hugs::hugs:

:hugs: sorry you are going through this.

I am also due for an induction at 38 weeks and have now had depression which is worsening since about 30 weeks. I have been off meds since June and do not want to get back on them so will be seeing a psychologist this Saturday. I have diabetes type 1 and hypothyroidism, asthma and bipolar so perhaps it is not so surprising. SPD can be very painful so it is also likely to get you down.

Make sure you are aware of the risks of both leaving it and going for an earlier induction/C-section. You have about a month to go and while that can feel an eternity for someone with depression, it is also almost an eternity in your baby's life and its development - is there any other way you can get help before going for an early birth both for the depression and the SPD - make sure you have tried everything before an early birth.

As for induction it can work but can be very prolonged if you do it too early and can also result in an emergency C-section - rather speak to your doctors about the risks. Some doctors do insist on C-sections if you are very early but it depends where you live.

:hugs: again - hope you can find the best solution for both you and your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->