Demanding!

Kittenk

Pregnant, first trimester
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I've started to get 'morning sickness' and am finding it very demanding. I haven't thrown up, but I feel very nauseous. I don't want to move because it makes me feel worse, btu of course, I have to move to get something to eat to make me feel better. The trouble is, I don't actually get hungry anymore, just sick feeling. I work in a school and we've just had a 2 week break so I haven't had to deal with it at school, but we go back tomorrow and I have no idea how I'm gonna cope with this sickness at work. Any ideas?

I work in a school as well and my TAs are great I have a pack of digestives in the cupboard, sneak in and eat one when i feel grotty and I also have a supply of fruit which again I attack when I need. With a bottle of water on hand and that it gets me thru. You will find in the swing of things at work u wont have as much time to think about it as the kids kinda sweep u along. It is hard but try biccis xx

First day went ok. I threw up in the morning before I left home. Couldn't keep my breakfast down so that didn't help it to get better. Once I got to work I was ok though. The things that really work for me are not foods I would normally eat much of - bread, rice, heavy foods. I hope I don't pile on extra weight because of it!

Same here - a teacher, found refined carbs a godsend.

I just made it clear that I was going to eat in my lessons! Are you primary? Maybe the kids would find it more distracting though :(

We had OFSTED in recently and I decided that if I needed to eat while being observed, I would. I wasn't observed though, thank goodness.

My best classroom snack was a banana dipped in Nutella. I recommend it!

Hope you feel better soon - eat little and often and don't feel bad about eating the things that make you feel better.

I posted yesterday about dreading going back to work after my holiday, i was having continuous nausea and didn't feel like eating anything much.

Someone suggested seabands and I bought some yesterday afternoon, and was amazed at the results. DH even commented on my mood improving due to the nausea feeling getting better.

i had really miserable all day sickness in my first tri, found the seabands good as suggested by loopdido.

tried everything else under the sun and the one thing suggested to me that worked (weirdly) was pepsi max at room temp. had to be pepsi max, not diet or anything and it had to be room temp. if anyone had dared put that bottle in the fridge there'd have been hell on!!

obviously gotta watch the caffeine but just one small glass in the morning set me right.

Hi Lindypops, yeah I am in primary. :) I think it is definitely wise to listen to your body, wouldn't wanna vomit on the kids!

I don't know what seabands are, maybe we don't have them in NZ.

Hi Kiree, thanks for the suggestion. I don't do caffeine though (even when I'm not preggo). Maybe lemonade would have the same effect... Ill try it. :)

THe seabands are little braclets that you put on your wrists when you travel to help prevent motion sickness. I had a hard time finding them... so I asked the pharmacy tech and she showed me where they were. I had a hard time with them because they made some of my finger go numb. They are very inexpensive so I would give them a try.

I also started with the morning sickness at 5 weeks. TOns of nausea but no throwing up until week 8 1/2. Since the bands didnt work for me, I called the doctor and got a percription. It has been a godsend. I thoughed it out for a week but with 2 toddlers to take care of....IMPOSSIBLE. I am still not feeling 100% but at least I can function. I would love to do things medication free but when you cant move something needs to happen.

I have also found that I have to eat every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Seems like a ton but it helps curb the nausea. I also have found what foods work for me. I eat a lot of pears ( like 3 a day) because they are the one of the very few things that help calm my tummy.

I hope you find what works for you and I hope you are feeling better.

Has anyone tried the Preggie Pops for their nausea? My boyfriend brought some down from Vancouver, BC when he was visiting me last time. I'm sure they have them here in the states but I wouldn't know where to find them. They are little candies but they are made from natural oils and whatnot. They come in sours, ginger or lavender. I have the sours right now because that's what he could find for me and those seem to help. I tried mints before but the mint makes things worse for me. I even had to switch my toothpaste because mint is evil right now. But that's just an idea for the nausea problem.... the other thing that helps me is to eat a rather bland cereal in the mornings, the minute I get up. Lately it's been Corn Chex. Even if I get sick, it's still easier on my system and doesn't hurt so much when it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->