Demonstrating how easy it is to miss your lh surge

littlefishygg

Mum of 1 boy, TTC #2
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with everyone as I have seen a few people around on various different boards and other forums about how they don't count an opk until the test line is definitely darker than the control line. I just wanted to share my experience of how difficult it can be to catch that point.
This are my opks for this month.
Yesterday on CD 16 I did my opk at around 8pm when I got home from work and it was not too far off of positive, for me I know that when I get a test that looks like this I will get a positive the next day. Luckily I had today off work so was able to test throughout the day. At 11am I had a strong positive with the test line clearly stronger than the control. Two hours later my next test was back down to only just counting as positive and I dare say by 8pm when I would normally test when I get home from work the test probably won't quite be positive and if I hadn't had tested during the day I would have missed the surge altogether.

I suppose what I am trying to say is don't get too hung up on the line having to be darker. You can miss it so easily!

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 18
yep some people the big surge only lasts a few hours so can definately be missed pretty easy. Thanks for sharing this for people. lol My surge typically lasts a full day so not something I typically worry about but many women prolly have this worry and issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->