Dentists..

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
Have you taken your LO yet?

I think I should take the girls but I dont know if they would even sit still long enough lol.

My son is 2 1/2 and he has been to get his teeth checked twice, and he was with me and hubby at our checkups twice before that too. And we are all going again on 16th February!

My son doesn't sit still either, tbh he hated it and cried and didn't even want the sticker he was offered by the dentist. But I do think it is important for him to go, so even if he is not happy when we go in a couple of weeks he will just have to put up with it.

I would definitely take your girls.

I'm taking Lewis next week for his first visit.

He's not to bad at letting me brush his teeth and I tell him only good boys that brush their teeth get to go in the dentists "rocket chair" :winkwink: If he gets hold of the toothbrush he just chews it......I dread to think how mnay tooth brushes we've gotten through!!!

I think the earlier you start the less fear they'll have of going as they get older. (That's what I'm hoping anyway :dohh:)

Harvey has been twice!lol...he went with me when he was about 6 months old,he didn't have any teeth,but I didn't want him to be scared..he was fine(despite my sis in law saying I was silly for taking him!....ahem!you bring your kids the way you want,I'll do the same!lol) Then when he got his teeth through,they had a look-next appointment is in March.xx

Charlie will be on his 3rd visit soon :)
Do you have Childsmile in your area?
Kinda dreading the next one mind you as he won't sit still any more - eeeek!

I've always taken Aaron to my checkups. Once she's finished with me, the dentist asks him if he'd like to sit in the chair. Next time I think she'll ask him if he wants to open his mouth too. So he hasn't had a proper checkup, but he's getting used to it without any pressure.

I've always taken Aaron to my checkups. Once she's finished with me, the dentist asks him if he'd like to sit in the chair. Next time I think she'll ask him if he wants to open his mouth too. So he hasn't had a proper checkup, but he's getting used to it without any pressure.

That's a good idea. My dentist only wants to see me every 2 years though! But I definitely don't want to make a specific appt for Ruby.

I took lo when she was about 18 months. Completle pointless. Wouldnt sit just cried. I would say its mainly about the dentist being OTT with her. But still was a proper waste of time. Gonna try in August this year again for my next check-up

I took Jacob when he was around 10 months old just when my check up was due. He sat on his Daddy's knee while I sat in the chair, then when I was done he sat on my knee while the dentist had a wee look and charted which teeth he had, I intend to take him every time I go for a check up too so that he gets used to it.

I had to take Gabriel when he was 14 months cos he had hurt his mouth on a bad fall and the doc suggested he get checked ou and the dentist said only at 2 years, so if they are 2 years..time to bite the bullet!

We have a fantastic dentist, and have taken Alex for check ups twice - both times, the dentist has only had a quick look and counted his teeth, but we think it's important to get him used to the whole process. We're booked in for our next check up next January, when my second son will be about 9 months old (he's booked in already too!) :)

Never heard of Childsmile..

I had a visit from an Oral Health Advisor from an organisation called Childsmile when Charlie was born. Just lots of advice on oral care and she set up his first appointment for 6 months old with a local participating dentist. It was quite helpful but nothing you couldn't really find out on your own!
Probably scrapped by now mind you.....

We took Ella late last year and it was an awful experience. I was at a very emotional time in my pregnancy and would cry whenever Ella would cry, so there we were both crying in the dentist chair.
Ella wouldn't lie back and wouldn't open her mouth. Once she was crying loud enough the dental nurse had a look in and said "ok, well she has her first molars but not her second ones yet." That was it!

Rosie looks like its only in Scotland.

I thought that might be right after no-one in England had heard of it! :)
Maybe phone round your local ones and see which ones are good for kids?
I'm thinking getting them to co-operate at the dentist at this age will be a nightmare - bad enough trying to brush their teeth! :wacko:

Kacie came in the room with me when I had a couple of fillings when she was about 10 months, she has her first appointment in april when she'll be nearly 18 months. I guess it's all about getting them comfortable in the environment.

I have to book myself an appointment so hopefully that is when they can be seen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->