depression first trimester

babyhopes22

Single mum of 1
Reaction score
Am I normal? I am 11 weeks 5 days pregnant and have my first scan next week, this baby is all I ever wanted, so why is it I am feeling so depressed, iv had to have 2 days off work as I just can't bring myself to get out, I'm cryin all the time n don't feel like eating. I'm not even looking forward to the scan, this should be the happiest time of my life as we want this baby and were tryin after mc before Xmas.
Has anyone experienced this before or am I severely depressed

Hi, I don't have any advice other than to contact your midwife. I believe there is such a thing as prenatal depression and there must be help out there. Take it easy xx

I've been feeling quite down and anxious. Had a post about much same thing the other day. I had 2 losses before this pregnancy and i'm thinking it might b the idea of another loss that is making me so down. I havent been as excited about this LO bcos i think i'm expecting the worst.

Could it b something similar with u? Or like other post said, pre natal depression. My midwife asked me lots of questions at appointment bcos they now realise its common at this stage and not just after baby's born.

I hope u feel better soon but def mention it to your midwife. Hormones could b making u feel more down than normal xxx

Talk to your midwife.
Wish I could talk to mine but don't have one anymore as she's been fired and waiting for phone call to tell me about replacement.
I'm feeling up and down, angry one minute and crying the next and wishing I was dead.
Then after a few hours i'm ok again.

I had depression during my first pregnancy, and wished I had insisted to the doctor that I know myself, and I was feeling more than just the hormonal changes. There are safe meds out there, and great counsellors who specialize in pre & post partum depression, and it's best for you and the health of your growing baby if you can get help.

Depression can be debilitating, and it's not your fault.

Once your little one arrives - everything is going to change (in a good way!), but your hormones get really wacky and your body goes through a real downer stage - and if you don't have a handle on the pregnancy depression, the post partum can be brutal, and makes it very difficult to enjoy your new little bundles' first few weeks/months of life.

I'm saying this from my own experience, and it might not be exactly how you are feeling, or what you will experience - so take this advice with a grain of salt and use your best judgement. Do not feel bad getting support from friends/family/doctors/medication. Do whatever you need to, to make sure you and your little one are happy and healthy.

I hope you feel better soon - and feel free to message me. I've been through depression during and after pregnancy, and will help/listen/support in any way I can, if you want.

Thanks for the replies its nice to no I'm not alone, its bizarre cos I just don't have the first idea why I feel this way....I will speak to my midwife, although not met her yet as was a stand-in wen I had my first app.

I've been felling the same way. I'm depressed, and anxious all the time, even when I'm sleeping, it's beyond frustrating!I feel like such a burden to my oh and my parents. They have been so supportive.
Went to the dr. couple of weeks ago and got on some meds. (had this in the past). It's helping slowly.
I think that at this point we just have so many hormones pulling us in 10 diff. directions that it is bound to cause some depression. Just don't be afraid to ask for help if you feel that bad!

I developed post natal depression soon after my lo was born which turned out to be full blown depression that I think I have had for years but never acknowledged, I have a psychiatrist now and have a meeting on mon with psychologist to see if I can get counselling, depression in pregnancy is very common and like the girls have said speak to your midwife.

Even talking about it will help, there are medications that they can offer which are safe up until your 3rd tri maybe help you over the next few months xx

sorry to hear you're feeling so crap - yes you are normal BUT babyhopes22 and nickyXjayno- please hassle your midwife or GP to get some support and tell them it can't wait! I have felt like a burden by my GP surgery / midwife set up (so far), like I "mustn't trouble the doctor" so I can imagine it's loads more difficult if you feel so down as well. You deserve to be supported through this. xx

thanks all, iv started to feel a little better the last couple of days, my oh boss' wife has been the same apparently feeling like this is normal, i have my first scan on thurs this week hopefully will change my entire outlook, i will mention it to my midwife still incase there is something she can suggest. Thanks again to all of you for the support and advice.

glad you've started to feel a bit better and that you're not alone! glad you've got the scan to look forward to too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"