Depression Post Miscarriage

Teen_Mama

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I was 16 years old when I found out I was pregnant, which although I was young I had already made the decision that I was going to do everything in my power to raise my baby right. I had an on again off again boyfriend at the time, whom was the dad. I was 17 and a couple months along when I had found out that I miscarried the baby. I started bleeding and my mom took me to the hospital where many tests were performed that confirmed the miscarriage. I was a mess afterwards. Though it wasn't ideal timing I had still gotten excited about having the baby and was devastated when I found out I had lost him/her. My boyfriend abandoned me but at least I had my family to lean on and over time I thought I had gotten better and moved on. It's been over a year now and I'm 18, almost 19 and lately the depressing feelings have begun to come back. Everytime I see a baby I get upset and I cry about my baby almost daily. Is it normal to feel the grief this long after the miscarriage? Has anybody else had a similar experience?

So sorry for your loss Teenmama. Yes, it can be normal to feel depression a year later, especially if you didn't have the opportunity to confront your grief and explore those feelings at the time the miscarriage happened. Sounds like you had a lot of stress going on at the time with what you mentioned in your post, your boyfriend and you being on and off and him abandoning you.

Have you considered counseling? This could help you discuss the pain you are feeling now and get support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->