Desperate¡¡¡ Allergy to fleece in Fuzzibunz

P

pattysurveys

Nooooooooo
I think my DS may be allergic to the fleece on his fbs
I bought 20 new from the site after lots and lots of researc and now baby has a red spot like heat rash above his penis and a red raw spot on his penis.
I am using Rock and Green and doing a cold rinse thrn hot with.soap and.thrn extra rinse.

If he ends up being allergic I dont know.what I will do since we.spent a fortunr in diapers :S

Any suggestions, I have only done 2 wshes after the initial one so they dont need stripping yet.

Before coming to the conclusion that its the Fuzzibunz I would try changing detergent first. I have heard of a lot of people having issues with rashes with Rock and Green. Its a MUCH cheaper fix! If it really is the fleece you might have to look into a 100% cotton solution like Green Mountain Diapers or Grovia. GOODLUCK!

my son has the same spot (like a blister?) on his foreskin... its just appeared and he has been in cloth since he was teeny.

how often do you change /los diaper?

I change his diapy every hour and a half to two hours.
What other detergent do you guys suggest?

Charlie's soap seems to be a popular option. Not sure if it readily available in Canada though.

If he was actually allergic to the nappies I would think his whole nappy area would react, not just a couple of spots. If he has been in disposables it could just be a reaction to the change that will go away as his skin gets used to it. For now, maybe try some nappy cream if you think that will help and you could use a fleece liner (or a doubled up disposable one) to make sure it doesn't get into the nappies. Give him some nappy free time each day too if you can.

I would try using your normal detergent that you use for his clothes (just use only a bit of it, like 1/4 the recommended dose); most nappies are fine with regular detergent and I think that's what most people use - most advice that you use non-bio though.

A lot of cloth diapering moms around here just use regular powdered Tide- just less of it. I've never had stink issues/rashes while using it (we use halfway up to the bottom line on the scoop). Just make sure you rinse well and they should be fine.

FB's are more reasonable in their warranty than BG with regards to laundering- looking at their website, you won't void your warranty by using a regular detergent on them :thumbup:

Thansk so much girls!!! I will try my regular detergent and see how things go. I dont think I can grt Charlies here in Canada.

Emma is allergic to bumgenius. :( No matter what I did, she would break out in a rash. And no other diaper had that issue. Which is a complete shame because I bought 24 bumgenius diapers after hearing how great everyone thinks they are. :wacko: I didn't think of it at the time but you can get thin liners to put between LOs skin and the diaper. So it still absorbs nicely but the offending fabric won't be touching his skin. I wish I had realized this with Emma before she grew out of the bumgenius. :dohh:

I have started using disposable liners and the rash it's gone. I will try again without them in a week or so and see if the rash returns.

Our son gets little red bumps on this scrotum every now and then. He usually has at least one. I think he gets them from the heat. Make sure whatever detergent you decide on, that you only use half the amount suggested for regular laundry. That will help reduce irritation if the soap is to blame at all and keep you from needing to strip your diapers. Good luck on finding a solution!

i use less than half, normally about 1/4 or 1/3 depending if im using powder or liquid detergent it does take a while for their skin to get used to cloth diapers and i find EJ can get a bit of a red penis if i dont change him often enough but that has lessened with fleece liners

I use the minimum amount I can that still gets them clean. That's about a tablespoon full for a full load of nappies. We're in a hard water area so I use water softener; if you have hard water and you don't soften the water you might need to use more detergent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->