Desperate, food suggestions please?

I

imaceful

I'm getting to the point were my nausea is so bad I'm literally eating enough to keep a bird alive.

I can't swallow pills, so I'm not taking prenatal vits

When I stand up I get lightheaded and everything goes fuzzy. My muscles burn when I walk cus I'm sure I'm not consuming enough to cover what I'm burning.

I'm not actually throwing up but the nausea is so intense I can barely function, let alone eat.

So far the only things I can stomach to put near my face is plain grilled chicken and red cabbage... And ginger ale.

PLEASE throw some suggestions my way, this is my 4th baby so I'm by no means a newbie to morning sickness but I've got 3 kids to look after so it's hitting me harder than it has in the past :(

When my sickness was at it's worst the only thing I could stomach were grilled cheese sandwiches, plain rice cakes, and apples.

Bone broth! It's especially easy to make in a pressure cooker, but you can make it in a crockpot. The gelatin extracted from the bones will give you the nutrition your body needs in an easy to swallow (literally!) form of broth.

Papaya or papaya tablets, it is a natural remedy for nausea. Also do you think you could keep a homemade smoothie down, it works great for me and gives me lots of energy. Include spinach for iron.

Sounds like you might be dehydrated please go get checked fluids and a injection will set you straight

I lived on fruit for a while. Found it refreshing whereas most other foods had me gagging. I agree with pp it sounds like you are dehydrated.

I say eat whatever you can keep down! But I think you should also be in contact with your doctor as you might be dehydrated, like some of the ladies suggested, and they can also give you something to help with the nausea.

Could you handle some lucozade? Sipping that helps my nausea and then I can eat something. How about cereal? Weirdly I found some potato salad helped the other day. For me I find something that works one day can turn my stomach the next X

Bone broth is meant to be awesome, but you might not feel well enough to make it yourself- although it's easy to do.

But, for some energy (and other nutrients) I really love blackstrap molasses. A tablespoon is hot water, and drink away. (can also put it into smoothies with kale/spinach, avocado, fresh ginger, banana- and any other fruit you want).

fizzy drinks, but obviously not healthy!

Thanks for the suggestions. When my husband gets home I'll ask him to grab some lucozade sport drinks to help rehydrate me, and I'll speak to the doctor tomorrow.

It wouldn't surprise me if I am dehydrated. I struggle to drink when I'm not pregnant, let alone when I'm nauseous.

I can't stomach cooking anything so my husband had been helping out, I'll look into 'bone broth' however the concept has just spiked my nausea...

Cottage cheese is the only thing reliable for me. Bland but has a lot of protein

The one thing I craved last pregnancy and is helping now are the Yazoo [chocolate is my flavour of choice] milkshakes. High in protein and vitamins so ticks a lot of boxes!

Bone broth is meant to be awesome, but you might not feel well enough to make it yourself- although it's easy to do.

But, for some energy (and other nutrients) I really love blackstrap molasses. A tablespoon is hot water, and drink away. (can also put it into smoothies with kale/spinach, avocado, fresh ginger, banana- and any other fruit you want).

fizzy drinks, but obviously not healthy!

This is the second post I saw you mention blackstrap molasses, whre can you get that. I agree with other poster about fruit, it is all that I really enjoy. However I have little to no symptoms this time around. Hope yourfeeling better very soon. Try the papaya tablets my Dr. suggested them in my last pregnancy, they are all natural.

They make chewable prenatal vitamins. Or take two flintstone vitamins.

I'm going through the same thing at the moment. I'm 5+3 and struggling to eat anything at all. I've lost almost 4kg so far. Hoping the sickness subsides soon!
I've found that fruit is quite easy to get down (and keep down), grapes especially.
Also, 2 minute noodles are going down well. Not very nutritious but better than nothing.
And try your hardest to get enough water. Nothing worse than dehydration whilst pregnant.

I have been keeping tinned fruit in the house the other night I could only stomach peach slices for dinner and I got some sliced mangos at the weekend X

I'm in the same boat last several days. No vomiting but nausea prevents me from eating... I went to the Dr and he asked for urine sample - it showed that I was indeed dehydrated. I tried different things and I found that my nausea gets better when I eat dry foods only, such as toast with cream cheese. I avoid soups, and drinking fluids before /after meals. I've been only able to drink lightly carbonated water, at least 1-2hrs after I've had food. I feel better now but probably still somewhat dehydrated... I use vitamin D drops instead of pills, and small tablets of folic acid.

Maybe try salted premium plus crackers with peanut butter and jam if you can stomach it.

I'm in the same boat as well. I've found that something may sound okay one day and then terrible the next. I've been mostly living on wheat toast. Also you could try fruit like others have suggested. Apples and watermelon have been okay for me. The more bland, the better. At this point, nutrition isn't necessarily the most important thing. Just getting something down is better than nothing. Saltine crackers, mashed potatoes.

Also, I second whoever mentioned the chewable prenatals. I take Spring Vally Prenatal Gummies. They're fruit flavored and easy to take without making me feel more nauseous.

I live in the UK and chewable anything is he's to come by. I've ordered 'bellybar' prenatal vitamins off amazon, reviews are mixed but it's all I can find in this country so will give them a try.

I'm now recovering from a nasty stomach bug so good remains off the table, but I'll try more fruits later in the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->