Desperate for....

zizii

Reaction score
A runny egg!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't had one in weeks and my Husban keeps having them on the weekends it's driving me mad :(

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow , do you ladies think it's ok for me to eat it? Or soldiers :(

Midwife said a big fat no to it :(

I know how you feel, MIL was making breakfast and I hate sausage and bacon so I had to settle for just toast, even though I was dying for a runny egg with brown sauce. :cry:

It isn't worth the risk to me so I will just make sure that is my first meal after birth! :haha:

I have asked my mum that my first meal be poached runny eggs and homemade chips so i can pop the yolk all over the chips....oh i think i might start drooling...only 14(ish) weeks left to go!!

I have only just found out this a big no-no AND it's my 2nd child. I've been having dippy eggs for the past 5 weeks...

I've had them. As long as they're lion stamped, and the whites are solid, I don't see it as a huge issue personally. I don't have them often though. I've gone 23 years without getting salmonella.. I know people will undoubtedly judge me for saying all this though. One of my friends ate absolutely everything, including pâté, sushi and all the 'bad' cheeses. Her little boy was born 2 days late, completley healthy at 9lb 3. Entirely down to personal preference though x

If I eat it I will feel SO guilty :(

I am going to have subway to curb the craving for a while sniffle sniffle

Could you not have a lovely cheese omelette instead?

I just found out a week or so ago that they're bad. But typically the salmonella is in the white of the egg, not the yolk. So I think if you just make sure the white is thoroughly cooked, you're okay.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/69734-effects-salmonella-pregnancy/ this article makes me rethink it all, though...

If you are in the UK then get lion stamped eggs (it'll either be stamped on the egg or marked on the box) and this means that the hens have been vaccinated against salmonella so they are safe!! I'm having runny eggs so long as the white is properly cooked that is :) Yum!!

hi , i still have them with a fry up . iv always ate them . when i had my last 3 kids over 15 years ago we were never told not to eat runny eggs or that the main thing i can remember is liver was the bad thing then :flower:

As long as they are Lion stamped they have been controlled for nasties! Go for it :) I have and Im fine xx

I keep having runny eggs.

My mum keeps making me bake cakes with her and i just have to lick the spoon when we're done with the cake mix which is raw eggs :shrug: no biggie.

i won't even risk it incase i happen to eff it up and be that one person yadda yadda, but i kow the feeling,i just made sausage and chips and was envious that i made OH a gorgeous runny egg and he didn't mop all the yolk up with his chips :cry: my first meal after he arrives will be, runny eggs, prawns and dry roasted peanuts LMFAO :rofl:

if you buy pasteurised eggs you can eat them runny. i was pg with my daughter and working as a chef and our staff food was sometimes sandwiches with our awesome daily homemade bread and mayo too and i was sad about the mayo but head chef pointed out the eggs were pasteurised so it was fine :flower:

also... i had a runny egg last week! ordered a brunch in a cafe and forgot to specify, it arrived and i thought sod it, it was nice! i wouldnt advise it unless you know the egg is pasteurised but im less worried with my second than i was with ella xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->