Desperately need opk help!

Kat0141

Reaction score
Hi ladies. First time poster but have been reading like crazy haha.

I'm so confused I think I'm going to go insane. This is the first month I've used opks, second month using ff and temping, and 4th month checking cp and cm and ttc.

According to ff I'm 4dpo...however this morning my crosshairs went from solid to dotted and I tend to agree with ff cos I'm confused also!

Opk pic attached. This is a cheapie from nz and I've never had a thick line.. Only thin, so I'm assuming that Is the way this brand is. Sorry for the crap photo but it's so hard to get a good pic then would show. It in person is as dark as the control line but very thin. I've had cramping yesterday and today is much worse... Almost like af is about to show. However my cervix is medium, medium firmness and slightly closed, with milky stretchy cm!

Last week I has ewcm, high cervix, and soft with negative opks but temp rise!

This is all too confusing... So I've either already od and never had a positive opk, or I'm oing now and this is positive but without the normal high open soft cervix!

One other thing... Partner and I have been bding like crazy... Could that cause the cervix close rather quicky after o because sperm was already there for the egg!?

Please help me understand where I'm at!

Attachments

• 20180313_095653.jpg
    20180313_095653.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20180313-111419.jpg
    Screenshot_20180313-111419.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 6
Are you doing your OPKs at the right time of day? Many women make the mistake of taking them with FMU, and they're not like HPTs. You should be doing it between 11AM and 8PM, with early afternoon really being the best time.

Are you doing your OPKs at the right time of day? Many women make the mistake of taking them with FMU, and they're not like HPTs. You should be doing it between 11AM and 8PM, with early afternoon really being the best time.

Hi!
I am yes. I've been doing them around 11:30am, 4-5pm and around 9pm for the last 4 days.

Have you only been doing the OPKs over the past 4 days?

No.. I've been testing 3-4 times a day for the last 5 days and testing 2 times a day since cd5. I'm now cd14 with a 26day cycle and usually o according to temps around cd12-13

Can you share your temping chart?

My best guess is that your OPKs are rubbish, or that you simply have very short LH surges and missed it. But a temp chart would be a huge help in figuring out what's going on!

Of course :) sorry I couldn't work out of how add in a comment so I've uploaded it into original question. The reason I'm querying it is my temp is going down.. I have had ewcm after ff confimed o..my cervix is still high and it always drops after o... My nipples are not sensitive at all and always are day or 2 after o for about a week. And obviously the fact I never got a positive opk. Would love any advice you have :)

Do your crosshairs change at all if you enter in the negative OPKs for the entire testing period?

I'm going to stick with my original theory that either your OPKs are rubbish, or you just had a very short LH surge. As long as your temp stays above coverline, the ups and downs are just details. If it drops back down below coverline and stays down, though, this may be an anovulatory cycle. I'd keep doing the OPKs 1-2x daily until you can be more certain. :)

Thanks for that :) guess I'll just have to see what the next couple of days hold... More stress and confusion haba

I know, isn't it all the worst? Try to remember to keep your eye on the prize! And keep us posted! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->