Detoxing to get pregnant

Timetotry

Reaction score
Has anyone had success detoxing/cleansing to help get pregnant?

On month 9 now, not sure what to try next. My diet hasn't been the greatest and I've gained a bit of weight since we started trying. So I'm thinking about cleansing to get a fresh start on my health and fertility.

Anyone here get pregnant after a detox?

By detoxing, what do you mean. Going on an all liquid diet, taking some supplements, or just cleaning up your act? aka limiting sugar, wheat or other unhealthy things?

Detoxing is supposedly good for you, don´t see how it would help with getting pregnant in itself, though it couldn´t hurt.

I have read that I fertility detox for both men and women can help with ttc though it's suggested you do it prior to ttc. But I don't think it would make a difference on when you do it but they claim ithhelps but I personally think it would lead to a quick bfp. But being healthier could not hurt and if your a little over weight I know doctors rave about how losing weight and getting healthy helps

By detoxing, what do you mean. Going on an all liquid diet, taking some supplements, or just cleaning up your act? aka limiting sugar, wheat or other unhealthy things?

Detoxing is supposedly good for you, don´t see how it would help with getting pregnant in itself, though it couldn´t hurt.

Yep, cutting out bad foods, dairy, wheat and sugar.
I've done the same detox before, so I might do it again.
I feel as though I've gotten out of my routines since starting to try, so I want to regain control, get back into working out (I stopped my HIIT when we started trying); I feel like the cleanse would give me a fresh start. I'm still a healthy weight for my height and frame, I just don't really enjoy the extra 10 lbs I'm carrying or the fact that my shirts are too tight lol.
The detox program I've used didn't use supplements or any strange drinks; it was juicing, raw veggies, no dairy, sugar, meat etc, and it only lasts 3 weeks. It was great.
My holistic nutritionist also suggested a cleanse. She said that a lot of people have food allergies and intolerances that they may not be aware of, and if your body is in a reactive state it can interfere with getting pregnant.

When I got pg with dd I had cut out gluten, dairy and sugar. It was a detox turned lifestyle change which I think definitely helped.

Sounds like a good plan :)

I´m dairy, wheat and sugar free myself :) (mostly, I cheat every once in a while). 8 months and going strong :happydance:

I'm not really sure about dairy and sugar (but that's b/c I NEED my morning latte and chocolate to actually function:haha:) but I know that too much caffeine while TTC isn't good. I would mostly drink green tea, which does a wonderful job at improving your CM, and apparently ovulation as well:winkwink: Otherwise I didn't change anything when we were TTC. I wasn't even taking prenatals or folic acid when I got pregnant with DD2:blush: (mostly b/c even though we were NTNP and knew there was a possibility, we were not expecting that BFP so soon :))

I've detoxed a couple of times but I manage to slip, fall and land in a pile of pizza and snacks every time ;)

I'm not going to start a detox now but it's cd2 and i'm vowing to steer clear of fast carbs/sugars, wheat and dairy and up my healthy fats and masses of fruit and veg and nuts and things :D just got a super blender which is definitely going to save my ass when it comes to making smoothies and things !

Since it takes 3 months for an egg to mature it won't have much effect on them yet, but in general i feel my diet is appalling on the evenings and weekends so i really hope it helps, i've been saying to myself "if i can't get pregnant then damnit i'm getting fit and healthy"!

After my first mc I was quite unhealthy, comfort eating etc. but we conceived our daughter when I decided to eat healthier, mainly green leaves and oily fish. Certainly wasnt full on detox or cutting anything out, but I do think focusing on veg and fish helped x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->