Development

Scarlettsmum8

Reaction score
My 5 month old daughter smiles all the time very happy child but she doesn't laugh/giggle, she doesn't roll over and she only grabs fingers nothing else. Should I be worried about her at this stage?

Not at all. Sophie didn't roll until 9 months, Thomas rolled at 3 months. Sophie is pretty much the same at 11 months as Thomas was, she's gearing up to take her first steps despite pretty much doing nothing until 9 months but sit.

5 months is still very little.

She sounds fine. Thomas rolled when he crawled at 11.5 months.

Dont worry hun. Lots of babys dont start to roll till 5 months. A lot dont roll till later. Trust me ive scoured the net because i was worried. My lo is nearly 7 months and only rolls tummy to back and thats because she hates tummy time. My lo also didnt start laughing properly till 6 months. Try not to worry cos all babies develop at different rates. I know its hard cos im exactly the same!

Thanks for getting back to me. It's hard not to worry as other babies that are in her swim class seem further on but I'm hoping she will do it in her own time. As you said all babies are different. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->