Devistated: Chopped the top of her finger off!

S

Serene123

I feel sooooooooo bad. I should be posting this in the bad mothers thread but AHHHHHHHH. I was so afraid of cutting her nails when she was awake but my nan kept insisting it was fine.. Well she moved and I chopped the top of her thumb off. Half the nails gone and it was bleeding for hours..

:cry::cry::cry:

:hug: to both you & Caitlyn

I know you feel bad hun but accidents happen

My mum trapped my little finger in the door when I was sitting on the floor once. She thought it was the carpet that was caught & repeatedly slammed the door on me. I was only 2 but trust me ive got over it

Aww hun dont beat yourself up It happens to all of us ! heck my mom dropped me at 5 months old and I broke my jaw ..she still feels bad till this day but I forgave her :)

Your LO wont remember

aww hun :hugs: poor little mite. She will be ok and don't feel bad you were only trying to stop her scratching herself, i'm sure it has happened to more people than you would expect.

I can imagine how you feel but seriously she won't even remember it.

x

toria i did exactly the same and posted a while back on here aswell...
i was cutting tommys nail and i thought..bloody hell this nail is tough..until he screamed and i realised id cut the top of his finger...it wouldnt stop bleeding and i took him straight to the doctors lol the nurse just looked at me as if to say *what the heck would you do if somethin serious happened" lol i did a mini bandage with a piece of tissue and some micropore...i felt awful and cried for such a long time and kept hugging him....no doubt he thought "you bitch" but as soon as i showed him a bottle he forgot lol give her another choccie button as a sorry lol lol

dont get upset though accidents happen

h x x

Oh no! I know SO many people who have done the same - and once she got over the initial shock I'm sure it wasn't too painful for her...this is why I'm so scared of cutting Sam's nails though. I've started filing them instead with mothercare's baby nail files! If you've put anything over it make sure there's no chance of her sucking it off and swallowing it. Hope she's ok :hugs: x

oh sweetie, accidents do happen :hugs: she'll be fine :hugs: i was trying to cut maddi's nails earlier, its such a tough job :hugs:

:hugs:

I have done the same with ella :( its very hard to do it , i just use files now

Thank God I'm not the only one. Thanks girls, you always seem to make me feel better!

I nipped Caitlins finger too ...I threw the baby clippers out tbh and I use adult nail sissors and hold her hands tight. Works a treat & doesn't scare me because I see what I'm doing.

*hugs*

Awwww :hugs: sounds scary i'm so scared about that, i hate having my nails cut.

Toria when you say you cut the top of her thumb off by accident hun
Does this mean when she gets bigger it will be missing i know a lady who has the top of her thumb missing and your post just brought that image in my head........

as you said you chopped the top of her thumb off, If i sound stupid ignore me hun but i wanted to know if really her little thumb will be ok and wether you meant the nail as this will grow back given time

Accidents do happen as you have read someone elsa in the post did the same to her little one so dont be upset

xxx

it must be so easily done ive nearlly done it to charlie he allways moves when i do it and i try and hold his finger so tight but its really hard ive cut 1 of his nails a little bit too short today and looks a bit red , there tops of there fingers are so soft aswell xx xx :hug:

:hugs:

Just an accident,her finger will be just fine.Don't worry...

Hubby did this to Lauren when she was teeny....he refuses to cut any of the kids nails even though the incident was 6 years ago:dohh:

It happens chick....I'm sure there'll be no long lasting damage:hugs:

I darn't cut Chloes, asked the HV about it and she said loads of people do it and she advised us to use the soft side of an emery board- it works a treat

I'm sure Caitlyn will be fine

I didn't chop the whole top of her finger off, it was like, from the back of her finger to halfway under her nail :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->