Devistated to be back for at least 6 months: ectopic

So sorry for your losses and ectopic.
Just trying to give you a bit more hope,
I had DD1 in 2009 (whilst taking bcp) , followed by an ectopic in 2011 (couple of months after implanon removal, but whilst using contraceptive patch). Like you, I had the methotrexate and was in hospital for 3 weeks, advised not to try for at least 3 months but unfortunately my hormones got the better of me and I took my frustration out on my OH and we ended up splitting 4 weeks later. No contact for 3 months and I missed him like mad so managed to get in touch and we agreed to give it another go. We got back together and things went straight back to normal.
A few months later we decided to start ttc, which was more like ntnp, but after 4 cycles of ntnp I got my bfp and she stuck, early scan at 5w showed she was exactly where she should be and 2 weeks later had a perfect little heartbeat:) DD2 has just had her 1st birthday last month.

So stay positive and don't give up :) gl and fx for your next BFP xxx

Hi again, I guess!

We have been WTT since first miscarriage in January 2011, with an unplanned pregnancy in 2012. We have been very lax about contraception over the last year, and were delighted to find out I was pregnant last Sunday!

Due to having two miscarriages and no children, we were understandably worried, but symptom wise it looked good and I was havig super dark tests. Yesterday, I woke up with severe cramps, and long story short I ended up being diagnosed as having an ectopic pregnancy. The drug I was given to treat it means I cannot ttc for at least 6 months.

We are both distraught, and my partner is also really worried about me as I have around 20% chance of still needing surgery, and 14% chance of a tube rupture which is an emergency. I have t stopped crying since yesterday, and I am especially distraught to discover that after an ectopic you only have 60% chance of carrying a successful pregnancy. Add two miscarriages into the mix and the situation looks even worse.

The doctor in the hospital insisted I didn't need investigations (what?!?) however the nurses and midwives have agreed to refer me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic for testing.

So , I guess it is hello again?

Hi, Just thought I'd share my story. I too was like you looking desperately for answers. I was online reading other girls experiences and it just made me more worried. I had an ectopic pregnancy or what they thought was ectopic. They could not see anything clear in the ultrasound because i was too early but they ruled it ectopic with my Hcg counts. This happened on June 2012. They started me on mtx shots on June 10 2012. I was devastated because i couldn't believe this was happening. I already had 2 healthy kids. After the shock of that experience we tried to get pregnant again on October of that same year 2012. It was successful. I was over the moon with joy. Then my life shattered again at my 12 week scan. I knew there was something terribly wrong when another doctor walked into the ultrasound room. I looked up at her and said there is something wrong isn't there. She didn't need to reply, I knew. Unstoppable tears just started to run down my face. There was not only 1 but several things wrong. I was told my baby wouldn't survive till birth. So i decided to do a d&c. It was the hardest decision i have ever had to make in my entire life. The day before the d&c I started bleeding but i still went to get the d&c to make sure everything was cleaned up and i wouldn't have any complications later on. I was devastated. I couldn't believe this was happening to me twice. My thoughts were maybe I tried to quick after the ectopic and the mtx shot caused it to be abnormal. But I was told to only wait 3 months. We decided to try one more time. I got pregnant on 09/2013. I am so happy and proud to say that I have a healthy 3 month old at home with me now. She was born on fathers day. That was the best gift I could have ever given my husband on fathers day. Don't give up. Its devastating but at the end of all the pain I now have the happiest most adorable baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->