DH invited friends to dinner..eek! They don't know!

mrsrof

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
DH has been adamant from the begining that we'd be keeping the pregnancy a secret until at least 12 weeks (all of the key family members/friends know). Now he's invited a couple to our house next weekend who don't know yet and i wasn't planning on telling until the 12 week scan has been and gone!

The thing is, everytime we have dinner with them we drink copious amounts of wine! Obviously I won't be so they're going to know straight away! The thing is we have a good few mutual friends and I'd be afraid of our good news spreading before we're ready for it to! Any advice/good excuses not to be drinking?

I've used the excuse of being on anti-biotics as to why I'm not drinking! Seemed to do the trick:winkwink:

You can always tell them you drank too much the night before and can't bare to drink any that night as you've been feeling under the weather all day. That is what I was going to use to tell our friends. I normally don't drink a lot so I hope they will buy it!

Or pretend to drink?! Hold a glass but pour it away when theyre out of sight? Xx

I just pour myself a glass of wine and keep bringing it to my lips like I am sipping it. Then every once in a while I will go over to the kitchen to do something and pour half out. Then just have a half glass all night. If someone notices I am not drinking too much I just say I had a rough weekend last weekend and I am going easy.

if its at your own house, maybe you could have your own special bottle of wine (which is filled with grape juice or something the same colour) or refill your glass with this in the kitchen so they think you are having at least a couple? at least then you could say your only going to have a couple because you had a heavy night the night before or your not feeling great

I'd definitely either say you overdrank the night before or are on an antibiotic. We're having friends over this weekend and we're telling two of the four that we're PG (we don't want to tell ANYONE until 8 weeks but one's my closest cousin, one's his best friend and we want to tell them face-to-face and they both live eons away), so I've already started claiming that my once-injured knee is acting up from horseback riding, so that when I'm on medication for it this weekend, nobody will think a thing. ;D lol

Thanks for all of these ladies! I like them all. I think it'll be fine, I have a feeling DH will want to tell these people, even though I don't want to, it doesn't feel right having people I'm not that close to knowing before my siblings (one of my sisters knows)/cousins/aunties etc! Also, we haven't told DH's siblings either so if he suggests telling these friends I think I shall tell him otherwise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->