DH wants one now, i want to wait!

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
I had severe Hyperemesis Gravidum in my last pregnancy (my first baby) and it was rough. We initially wanted 3 babies, but I honestly don't think my body will survive more than 2. So, we decided 2 is it unless I don't get HG which im told I will, and it will be worse.

My LO is 3 months old (already!) and DH wants to start... now!!! Im like WTF! hahaha. We want them close in age, but my goodness... I would love another one soon, but not this soon!

Anyone in the same boat? I would like to try once she is 1 year, but he wants to re look at it in December. It took us 2 years to get pregnant, so maybe the sooner the better. lol. :dohh:

In the interest on your overall health, I would think it's best to wait. Most doctors suggest waiting at least 1 year to allow your body to heal and recuperate. Especially because you struggled with HG during your first pregnancy and may during your second, I would think it's best to wait. Have you talked with your doctor about this? I think professional medical advice should probably be the most appropriate influence on the decision. Take your husband with you when you go so he can hear it straight from the doctor too.

Woah poor you, I have no doubt that waitng will be the best thing for everyone. I'd just explain to your husband you want to enjoy the first year with your new child, there really is no rush and whether or not he wants a really close age gap it's not worth risking you being absolutely miserable and unable to enjoy the first year of your first baby.

I was soo broody the first few months after DS (So was DH). Then he got a little older and now at 14 months old we are so glad we waited. I would definitely consider waiting. The more independent your first is when you get pregnant with possible HG the better it will be for everyone. And as a PP said it is better for your body and health, especially where you just had a rough pregnancy. They say 18 months is the best for the new baby and gives you time to replenish everything you lost.

Thanks everyone :) I agree.. I had to be put on IV treatement in hospital and was vomiting at least 15-20 times a day. I physically turned grey.

I told him that unless we suddenly become financially stable to have him stay home for 10 months to take care of me and our LO, it just cant happen. I was bedridden until 32 weeks ish. Ill never forget that sickness, and I know it can come back worse.

Its a good idea going to talk to a doctor about it, maybe he needs to hear how serious this could be on my health. Im surprised I was told that I could have more babies to be honest, I thought for sure someone would tell me I couldn't handle another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->