DHA in pregnancy?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower: i am 4+1 and have read that pregnant women should take dha, I will be ordering it but will only receive it after two weeks, I am ordering through a forwarding company.

Can I take regular omega supplement in the meantime, or is it not the same?

I am also taking new chapter prenatals.

Thank you so much:flower:

The regular is actually different. DHA is high in a certain omega (can't remember name), but a regular omega supplement has almost none of that particular omega. That's why DHA is special (and more expensive). Have you considered running to a reputable store and buying a bottle that can be used for back-up? If it is going to take 2 weeks to arrive each time you order, it might be good to have a bottle sitting around in case you run out before the next shipment arrives.

On the other hand, many women don't take DHA and have perfectly healthy pregnancies, so it isn't the end of the world if you wait on it.

Hope I have helped.

I never took DHA with my first two, I just bought a prenatal vitamin and took that.
Now I just picked up prenatal that actually come with a months supply of regular prenatal vitamins and a month supply of DHA supplement.
The brand is Centrum Prenatal + DHA.

I have never heard of dha, what is it? What does it do? I take a pregnancy vit with folic and omega in it, but never heard of dha.

You can probably find DHA locally. I get mine from the vitamin department of a grocery store, and I am in a remote area.

I personally couldn't handle the fishy taste of the DHA supplements and kept getting "fish burps" every time so I didn't take them with either of my first two. I actually didn't even take prenatals with my daughter until well into the second trimester and she turned out perfectly fine. I think baby will be fine if you wait on the DHA to come.

I found fish oils to contain high levels of vitamin A which can harm the baby so please read the packaging carefully.

I picked up one a day women's prenatal that also came with a bottle of dha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->