DHEA anyone?

Azreal

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who is taking DHEA to improve egg quality and quantity and any success stories.
I have been taking the DHEA along with a pile of other supplements/vitamins for 2 months now. We are having another IVF/ICSI in January - would have been taking the DHEA for 4 months by that time.
I'm also taking Royal Jelly, CoQ10, Vitamin E, Zinc, Fish Oil and a pre natal vitamin. It's a wonder I don't rattle when I walk!
I also have acupuncture once a week.
Any other suggestions?

I'm taking Q10, zinc,folic acid,prenatals,acupunture and DHEA..I'll be going for my 3rd IVF attempt in January as well..I hope it works :)

Hi Crystal
good luck in January... hope we both get some results from the DHEA!

I am currently on DHEA, CoQ10, Lipoic Acid, Acetyl-L-Carnitine to help with the egg quality. I have a condition called polyspermy.

Last IVF cycle:
17 eggs at ER
15 mature
only 2 fertilized normally

DH and I will be going through our next IVF cycle in two weeks, using ICIS.

Good luck to you and let us hope that all these supplements work!

Ive not used yet but just ordered some, my accupuncturist recommended it as I have a low ovarian reserve and said that it can work wonders on quality :)

I have not used it and don't have any experience with it, but I have come across studies about it being used to help ovarian reserve (I think). Try googling it and seeing what you come up with.

sns - good luck with your cycle - let us know how you go - and if the DHEA makes any difference.
Dazed - I think I have googled DHEA to death!:wacko: It was me who suggested it to our RE - she was happy for us to try it. Here in Australia you need a script for it. I did try Saizen with our 3rd try (growth hormone supposed to assist with egg quality) but didn't seem to make any difference and at $200 a vial (we needed 7!) it didn't warrant trying again.
Jacqui - they do recommend that you take the DHEA for at least 3 months - I'm taking 75mg which seems to be the norm. You can get some side effects - mine have been pretty mild - mostly just my skin has become more oily than usual.
I'm really interested to see if it will make any difference with our next cycle as I'm such a poor responder.

Bump, just wanted to check what dose people are taking & if there are any uk ladies, what brand & where you got them. Thanks!! Got really really bad AMH test result today. Consultant suggested Dhea. Not sure if anything will help me at this stage but willing to try! thanks x

I took it for 2 months along with melatonin and wheatgrass and I got pg with low AMH after 2.5 years and 3 IUI and 4 IVF. Sadly ended in MMC but I still did it. I shall be taking it again as soon as this MC cycle has finished.

I got it from the states https://www.dhea.com/product.php?prod...e=0&featured=Y

I took 3x 75mg every morning and the only side affects were oily skin and slight hair loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->