Dhea question! Please help?!

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I am getting ready to start stimming for my 4th ivf in 2 weeks. For my third ivf, I was on Dhea for 2.5 months before stimming. My clinic doesn't support Dhea, but were willing to let me try it. I asked when to stop. Originally my doctor said to stop at retrieval, but then called and said she changed her mind and to stop before stims. Because they don't even promote Dhea, I decided to go with chr's protocol for Dhea which says to stay on it during stims. After all... They're the ones who discovered Dhea' use in ivf. I didn't tell my doctor I was staying on it. Well... That ivf I got 17 eggs, 11 mature, all 11 fertilized, and 3 made it to blast. (by far the best response, but also a new protocol ) That was the first time I had ever made it to blast, but she said she would have expected more to make it to blastocyst out of 11. I'll never know if staying on the Dhea during stims helped, hurt (like I could have had more blasts if I hadn't stayed on it) , or didn't have any effect. Well... Now I've been on for 3 months before this ivf.... And im wondering if I should stay on again during stims, or stop before stims.

Anyone have experience staying on Dhea during stims, vs. Stopping before stims. I've googled it like crazy, but I'm finding that some doctors say to stay on, some say to stop. Any experience??

I'm starting my second ivf on dhea my clinic tells me to be on it the whole time, I don't have anything to compare it to but I had 8 eggs collected and all fertilized, two blasts that ended in a chemical. I'm hoping for a better ending this time and I'm confident the dhea will help. Good luck

Thanks so much!! Do you even stay on it during the tww too? This will be my second ivf on Dhea.... I'm positive that it'll help knock this one outta the park as well. ;) I'll be praying for both of us!!

Aw thank you ladylove :)

I think they told me I could stop after collection but I went back on it after my chemical so pretty much taking it for about six months now... I need a miracle :)

I'll be praying for you too!!!

I also start stims soon in about 3wks

Our time lines are so similar! I've been on for about 7 months with a few week break in between for my last failed cycle. I have about 2.5 weeks til stims start. We can be cycle buddies, if you want! :) what dosage of stims will you be on, do you know yet? What protocol?

Wow, that's amazing same here, only a couple of small breaks here and there. I've been on BCP for one week and have two more to go and I think they start me on lupron then stims so we'll be very close, I'd LOVE to be buddies! It will be nice this way, I kind of didn't want to be on a big group this time, I'm trying to stay relaxed about it even knowing my chances are slim (age) my hormones are great so on paper I'm early 30's haha, I just need to believe my body IS young and my genetics are amazing! :) and forget the statistics.

They will have me start on 225 gonalf and I'm waiting to hear how many menopur vials, I think they were waiting to see my blood levels first and those just came back today FSH 5.9/AMH 2.5ng/mL not sure if they'll wait for my FC to give me my final doses. I think collection will prob be between first and second week of November. How about you?

By the way, clinic has me on Dhea, 600mg coQ10 and baby aspirin plus a prenatal of course, I decided to take extra folic acid too.

Awesome!! I'm so glad we can be buddies, and not have a huge forum to follow! :) plus it'll be nice to compare notes, and bounce ideas off of each other! We sound like we are on the same protocol too... I'm only taking 14 pills though, but them will also start Lupron, and then stims. (microdose flare protocol).

I just turned 30, my fsh is great, but low Amh (1.33 ) which means decreased ovarian reserve. :( BUT my ovaries made mama proud last round... So im hoping they do the same this time! The Dhea def helped! Your numbers are great!! Who cares about age... Ur body is still Rockin it out!!!

I'm going to be on 225 gonalf and 225 menopur (highest starting dose ever for me) hope it helps! My collection is temporarily scheduled for Nov 6th!

I'm am on exactly the same supplements as you! I'll also be in lovenox starting at ec and ending just before I deliver (as long as it works! :) ) staying positive for both of us!!!

I think we'll be on the same dose and scheduled dates I'm going to give them a call to get some dates down

This is going to be it for you! Now you know your body better then ever and you are more prepared then ever.

We are going to do GREAT!!!

My RE also had my use DHEA prior to starting our cycle and kept me on it until I triggered. Once I triggered, though, he told me to stop using it. I do know that you should not use DHEA if you might be pregnant, so I would definitely stop during the 2ww. Best of luck!!

Thanks melissa, are you on 2ww? How are you doing?

Thanks melissa, are you on 2ww? How are you doing?

I am in the 2ww! I am 4dp5dt and am doing ok. It's so weird to have no idea what is happening in my body! I am really hoping this works out for us, but am thankful for 3 :cold: if it doesn't.

How are you?

Thanks so much BB!!! I love your positivity and encouragement!!!! I love that way of looking at it also.... Each round, we are more prepared and more knowledgeable. I can't wait until we see those double lines.... They are coming!!! ;)

Melissa... Thanks for sharing!! Are you testing early?? Sooo exciting!!

Melissa, thanks I'm doing well, just trying to stay as relaxed as possible before I start injections, last time I had horrible migraines and felt really emotional, I could not have predicted but I had a lot of personal problems all at once right during my IVF and I believe the stress took a toll on my results. This time it will be different and I hope to stay happy till the end :)

I remember my 2ww and I was so anxious but at the same time I really believed I was pregnant and that was nice while it lasted. Stay positive!

Ladylove, I was looking at my calendar and counting the days till collection and it looks like the 6th on November too!!!

And my protocol starts me at 225. Gonal and 150 menopur for first few days.

Awesome!!!! I would love if we were right on the same track!! :) I wish I could just hit fast forward on the next month or so. Or at least two weeks. I haaate being on bcp!!! Time drags sooo badly. Where are you out of? I live in South Central PA

Time is dragging! But I'm a little nervous heheh, it's like stage fright kind of, I'm trying to enjoy my shot free days and all the obsession that comes with it.

I think we are going to be just a day or two in our process, that's so cool :)

Today my DF talked to our embryologist on the phone for almost 10 minutes and they went over our last IVF and the embryologist said to him that the fact that we had eight eggs fertilized and two five day embryos implanted and I got pregnant is close to a miracle, well I think that's all a good sign because my glass is always half full, but my realist DF didn't see it as a good sign at all, we don't see it the same but I think we did great last time and this time will be even better!!!

Ladylove, you and I are going to do this!!!

LadyLovenox - I haven't decided if I am testing early. A big part of me wants to, but I also just don't want to deal with the disappointment quite yet, if there is any disappointment. I go for my beta Monday but do plan to test Sunday if not earlier, just to prepare myself.

BBliss- I love how involved your DF is! Isn't it great when they really show interest?

He better be involved!!! Hahaha I have kids already, he doesn't! I'm really excited to start over but this is more important for him, he's a great uncle and loves his nieces and nephews so much it just breaks my heart to think he may never have a child of his own if this work out.

But I really make sure he's involved, I need his support and I'm not looking forward to the constant migraine when I start injections :(

I think I'd test early too... To prepare myself like you said

My birthday is November 15th and I hope I'm able to test that day, wouldn't it be the BEST birthday present ever???

Good luck to you, I have my fingers crossed for you, let us know when you do :) it's also so nice to know you have frosties isn't it?

You're so right about the stage fright feeling! It's unbelievably hard... Especially bc we can't help our bodies at all.... They're going to do what they're going to do! Ahh!

BB... I'm siding with you.... When the embyrologist said it's a miracle.... Its great that your body can make it all work! And I have no doubt it's going to do it again!! We got this one!!!! :)

Melissa.... I always test early. I have zero will power. Haha praying for a great result! Keep us updated!

Me too I have no will power at all, I'm like a junky with a drug Hahahahahah I hide it and get rid of the evidence after and I can't wait to do it again the next morning LOL

BBliss - I am so sorry that you have to deal with the migraines! Is there a different medicine they could try to on to try to control them? And yes, a BFP would be the most amazing birthday present ever. (Although I was born on my mom's birthday, so I tend to think I was the most amazing birthday present ever!)

Lady - You're right. No will power. Because I tested early and got a BFP! Well, a faint and tentative BFP, but for now I will take it. I am only 6dp5dt!

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583