Diabetes??

Princess mama

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Hi just been for my growth scan, and baby is about 8lbs with head circumference of 34 cm, they have found that baby has a lot of fluid around him, hence the reason MW keeps getting big measurements.
My fluid has always been just right, this is the first time they seem to think theres alot.
I have to go back new years eve for another scan and glucose test, to rule out diabetes. Consultant doubts that it could be as although his growth is very progressive , if it was diabetes it would be a lot higher his growth. Apparently they tend to deliver diabetic mums earlier due to something about blood pressure.
Im worried stiff now as to what this means, i just want me and baby safe. Has anybody on here had this situation or have diabetes, or any other reason for lots of fluid and could maybe explain to me a little about this.
Thank you x:shrug:

I have seen over and over again that their weight estimates were off by as much as 3lbs..Even in the recent birth stries on this forum! So, I would not stress too much about it..

Just wanted to send you :hugs: I'm sure everything will be fine.

They do start us from 37 wks, depending on our growth scans, bp, swelling etc. They won't let anyone with any type of diabetes go over 40wks! I've already been told I definitely won't have an April baby (I'm due 8/4/10) and my bp and measurements have all been fine so far.

They'll be able to tell you more at your next scan. :hugs: Try not to worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->