Diabetic, WTT until better bg control.

Rosered52

Reaction score
Hey, ladies, crashing your party here! :flower: My dh and I have been TTC for a few months, but after one chemical pregnancy and a handful of BFNs, my ob-gyn has convinced me to WTT until I can get my hemoglobin A1C (blood sugar measure) lower. I'm 31 and motivated, so hopefully it won't be long! I'm feeling a little sad, it's hard to shift my focus like this.

Anyone else working to control blood sugar, or other medical conditions?

Hi I am a Diabetic too and Sooooo god damn broody but WTT around December but first thing is to lower my BG too :)

Hi! :) I knew I couldn't be the only one. :) Do you know what Aic level your doctor wants you to hit? Mine mentioned under 6.5, but that soubds impossible to me…

Congratulations on your weddibg, too, it must be quite soon!

Hello! I'm diabetic as well, just found out last March actually. We have a local diabetes education center that is wonderful! I was able to go to classes and they set a meal plan for me and talked me through my own plan for controlling blood sugars. My a1c is down to 5.4 now!!! It is possible it just takes some work :) My current diet is 50 carbs per meal and then one snack with 20 and one snack with 30 for a total for 200 carbs per day. At first I thought it was going to be impossible to measure my food out daily and to cut back so much! Now, I'm eating less than my 200 and still feeling full.

DH and I are ttc the end of August. I've lost 48 lbs so far on my journey and have more to lose this summer but I'm determined. I know I need to keep in control for me and future baby. What are you doing to control your sugars? I would also like to add that I started on Metformin to control my sugars but due to the weight loss I'm now completely diet and exercise controlled.

Again, it seems impossible at first but it's so rewarding once everything starts getting in order (blood sugars, weight loss, etc.)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->