Diagnosed with DVT @ 32 weeks & on clexane

Amybee

Reaction score
Hello

This is my first post on this forum and I'm just looking for some advice.

I was diagnosed with a big DVT in my femoral vein on Monday at 32 weeks. I've had it since 29 weeks but it was undiagnosed in all that time despite several hospital/doctors visits (long story!).

Anyway, I'm now out of hospital and have been injecting 80mg of clexane twice a day. I'm seeing a consultant next Tuesday about my future pregnancy care and labour options. My main concern is how the clexane will affect the birth. I have heard that you are supposed to stop injecting clexane as soon as you go into labour as it takes 12 hours to leave your system. The problem would be if my labour is less than 12 hours!

Does anyone know what options they will give me? My baby is currently transverse/oblique so a section could be on the cards too.

If anyone has experienced similar and can let me know how their pregnancy and labour progressed it would be great to talk to someone. I'm still having pain in my leg and can't stand or walk for very long but it's nothing in comparison to the agony I was in for the first few weeks while it was misdiagnosed.

Look forward to hearing from some of you, thanks!

I was diagnosed with numerous pulmonarly embolisms when 9 weeks pregnant with my daughter. I was put on daily injections of tinzarparin, similar to what your taking. I too was told not to take my injection if i at all thought i may be in labour. Well i had so many false starts that when i was in proper labour i assumed it was another false alarm and so i had my injection. The hospital took my blood to immediately determine my levels, they never actually got back to me so i assume they weren't dangerous. I was told it would be best not to have an epidural, i didn't particlarly want one but it was daunting knowing that i was gonna feel everything.

If your baby remains breech and a c-section is necessary i would of thought they will bring you in a couple of days prior to the operation in order to manage your blood levels. I did think i would be kept in for longer after the birth but they allowed me out after 8 hours with a supply of injections to take for a further six weeks. I am now fifteen weeks pregnant and have been on tinzaparin since week 8 as a precautionary measure and under consultant care for the duration.

Sorry for such a long reply, id say try not too worry and that the hospital will take great care of you and your baby xx

Hi, thanks so much for your reply, really reassuring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->