Diagnosed with Gallstones at 30 weeks!!

michmash

Reaction score
Ooohh I'm really sad!! I've been in and out of hospital several times with severe chest pains and vomiting! The pain was awful and they waited till I'm 30 weeks pregnant to diagnose the problem! Problem is they say baby is too big now to be able to operate and I have to wait till the birth to be able to take them out...

This means 10 other weeks with a strictly No Fat DIET!! That is driving me crazy!! I'm not even eating dinner cause I'm afraid another gallstone attack will happen during the night :cry:

What should i do?? Is there anyone else that has been through this horrible situation??

Yes tink28 had a hideous time with the same problem, they were even talking about operating during her pg at one point but I believe it is under control for now and she is well on her way to full term now. :thumbup:

i had my gall bladder removed augest 2009. i know how u feel, its horrible. but be ok once you have it out. im sure they will do it pretty quick after u have baby

Oh no :( I'm so sorry. I had my gall bladder removed about 5 years ago due to gall stones causing an infection - it was excruciating! Just take it easy and be comforted in the fact that once it's removed, the pain will go away. Just hang in there!

I am having really bad problems too with my gall bladder and have been in and out of hospital. I went for a scan on thursday and because my womb is so big my gall bladder and stomach is squashed into an inch gap and couldnt be looked at properly. At least i know there arnt any large gall stones but i am in so much pain, i really do feel for you x

im too suffering at the moment have been for 6 weeks since i had my 1st attack which felt like a heart attack, second attack was all in my stomach and back where i felt like i was being stabbed a thousand times :cry: so scary all day everyday i am burping and can taste acid/bile and got a constant balloon feeling in my right rib which i sometimes get a burning feeling rdiating all up in my chest i know how u feel its so frustrating, i didnt have problems when i was pregnant although i might of had them without knowing untill my 1st attack, my 1st attack was when my Son was 10 weeks, they say pregnancy and after pregnancy can bring on gallstone all the extra hormones also birth control pill can cause them to,what symptoms are u getting now? do u feel an ache in your right rib?

hope u feel better soon :hugs:

im too suffering at the moment have been for 6 weeks since i had my 1st attack which felt like a heart attack, second attack was all in my stomach and back where i felt like i was being stabbed a thousand times :cry: so scary all day everyday i am burping and can taste acid/bile and got a constant balloon feeling in my right rib which i sometimes get a burning feeling rdiating all up in my chest i know how u feel its so frustrating, i didnt have problems when i was pregnant although i might of had them without knowing untill my 1st attack, my 1st attack was when my Son was 10 weeks, they say pregnancy and after pregnancy can bring on gallstone all the extra hormones also birth control pill can cause them to,what symptoms are u getting now? do u feel an ache in your right rib?

Ohhh I feel every possible symptom it seems.. When I'm having an attack, I would feel severe pain like stabbing sensations in my stomach, strong pressure in my rib cage, vomiting... and this would last a whole night and the next morning :cry:

Ohhh I feel every possible symptom it seems.. When I'm having an attack, I would feel severe pain like stabbing sensations in my stomach, strong pressure in my rib cage, vomiting... and this would last a whole night and the next morning :cry:

aw bless you hope they can sort it soon xx

yes i have gallstones as minnie_me said. im now an expert on them so feel free to ask me anything u like!
mine were diagnosed at 28 weeks, id been suffering excruciating pain in my back and right shoulder (this is where the pain was transferred to for me) and vomiting for two weeks. i was originally told i had a possible lung infection but ended up collapsing and being taken to hospital by ambulance which is how i got correctly diagnosed. one of the stones was blocking my bile duct and i nearly needed an operation to remove it (called an ERCP) but luckily an mri scan revealed id passed the stone myself so this wasnt needed. I was in hospital for 5 days in the end.
it was the worst pain ive ever had so i sympathise with u, apparently gallstones are common in pregnancy due to the bile function becoming sluggish.
Ive been on a low fat diet ever since (nearly 8 weeks now) and it really isnt that bad when u get used to it. i was also scared at the beginning that id have another attack at anytime but the diet has kept the gallstones under control. the key is to have low fat rather than no fat as bizarrely enough a completely fat free diet can also cause gallstones!
if u want i can give u a list of gallstone safe foods that are part of my diet and have worked fine for me, including some naughty things that we are still allowed, its not all bad!
i have to wait to be operated on too after the birth so i know what a pain it all seems, but please PM me if u want any help with the diet, the time will pass before u know it x

I have gallstones as well, and have been working the very low fat diet to keep them contained. In addition, I needed to go to only eating tiny portions of food throughout the day instead of eating "meals" like normal as eating too much at one time was triggering attacks even if non fat or very low fat. Good luck, it's definatly no fun. Hopefully they can get your pain under control. Attacks are no good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->