diamox and pregnancy? any experiences??

Hello Kitty

Mammy to Logan xxxx
Reaction score
Hey, im not really sure where to post this but ill give it a shot here.. I have just been diagnosed with IIH a few days ago and have been put on diamox (acetazolomide).. The doctor said he didn't know how long if have to take it but not to get pregnant when im on it! Me and oh were planning on trying for baby number 2 early next year and now im lost because I could be on the med for years :( just wondering if anyone else takes this and if they ever went on to have kids?

Sorry don't want to read and run. Iv never hears of either things what is ur condition? Cud u live without meds? What's the reason for not having baby on them? Hope u don't mind the questions, I no what its like to want to start then to have to go on meds, luckily mine was only for 6 months but it upset me

hi. A lady i know from trips to the neuro ward took diamox when she was pregnant and her baby boy celebrated his first birthday this week and he is fit, healthy and happy. if they tell you to take it then please do, they will monitor you and your baby throughout pregnancy

I have IIH and I have been off Diamox for awhile. I did tell my OB about it at my first appt and we agreed I would take it PRN. The concern of course is with the weight gain. The funny part is that I currently weigh 20 lbs more now than i did when i had symptoms and a diagnosis. I have been having some headaches, both typical with pregnancy but some IIH type and I haven't had to take a Diamox yet.

I would discuss more with an OB than a Neuro or FP

Hey ladies, sorry i posted this ages ago and i never thought to check in on the site since... Thanks for the replies, my neuro always tells me that I'm young and i can wait to have a baby when this condition "clears up" (my neuro obviously hasn't a clue about IIH) i have a two year old and i am 28..

i always wanted no more than a two year gap between my little boy and a new baby and im already over that gap now because of stupid IIH so i am really just thinking of going for it... My pap is gone and i never got IIH headaches...

Arinnda did you get the go ahead from your neuro or did you just go for it??

I havent seen a neuro in almost 3 years. Im just taking it PRN, maybe twice in the past several months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->