Diaper Bag for new baby and toddler

Love4you

Reaction score
So I have a 2 year old daughter who is currently potty training and I'm due with a baby boy next month.
I'm looking for any ideas on a diaper bag that will fit both their needs but still looks stylish.
I've been carrying a giant black and pink monstrosity for the past 2 years and I'm desperate for something pretty and functional.

Ideas and pictures of what you ladies have would be great.
I live in the US.

I don't know exactly what you're looking for but this is the bag I have. It has so many pockets i dont know what I'm going to use them for so I'm confident you can fit everything you need for both your babies.
It has a slight shimmer and isn't too girly (which is what I like)
I got it at BRU.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-04-12-40-48-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-12-40-48-1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm reusing the Oilily changing bag I had with dd1 (used a smaller skip hop one with dd2 but no way will that fit all the stuff that an 18m old and a newborn will need!) but if I was getting a new one I'd choose the babymel big slouchy, it looks great :)

I will have to google those. Not familiar.
I have a new Petunia Picklebottom that I love but it's not big enough for 2.

Thank you 😊

I have a huge diaper bag for the same reason, and it actually looks more like a purse than a diaper bag (part of why I love it) and has a ton of interior pockets. I bought it on Amazon for $40 it's by a company called "White Elm." I bought the teal one, but it also comes in coral and grey

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/91bQWapUNL._UY395__zpsysfbfkom.jpg

And this was the diaper bag I had last time between DD and DS. Also a bag large enough for toddler and baby stuff. It's by JJ Cole. I had the green pictured below, but it also comes in a really nice grey with the same color, or a solid black. This one is more expensive it runs for around $60, but it has a ton of interior and exterior pockets for organization, and I received compliments on it all the time, and I really loved it! Actually I'd recommend looking into the JJ Cole brand, because they have some nice large and stylish bags.

https://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/MissSapphireEyes/51QAye8zkCL_SY300__zps5bd8295b.jpg

I really like them both. Now my dilemma is my hubby. I want the baby to be pretty and them I remember he has to carry it too. Oops.

I have (3 days ago) recently given birth to number five (a boy) and so when we have a baby, we move the last eldest out of the changing bag and into the toddler/preschool bag (which is an IKEA beach bag) I made drawstrings bags for each child (they picked the print on the fabrics) so they can grab their own bags (when needed) independently. These bags are for a change of clothes, travel sickness bands and a snack. Soppy cups are all labelled and go into a carry case. Yes it's like a military operation! Then I have a 'twice as nice' pinkling changing bag for the two youngest. It has a divider through the centre so you can put all the things they each need separately. Saves you a lot of hassle when you go out. I only use those bags for long days out, seeing as I only now have 3babies home on weekdays. I have a small 'yummy mummy' changing bag attached to the pram with some 'jjcole' changing bag clips and a 'skip hop' wipes dispenser next to it. Just because it's easier to grab wipes when I need then that way AND it means I can fit a nursing shawl in my small changing bag too.

Underneath my pram (as I've always got a preschooler with me) I carry a foldable toilet seat for public loos, in its own tote.
Rain covers and sun shades, I've given up on parasols.

Hope that makes sense

Wow! I am very impressed with your organization. Great ideas.
Want to come do it for me? 😉

I have (3 days ago) recently given birth to number five (a boy) and so when we have a baby, we move the last eldest out of the changing bag and into the toddler/preschool bag (which is an IKEA beach bag) I made drawstrings bags for each child (they picked the print on the fabrics) so they can grab their own bags (when needed) independently. These bags are for a change of clothes, travel sickness bands and a snack. Soppy cups are all labelled and go into a carry case. Yes it's like a military operation! Then I have a 'twice as nice' pinkling changing bag for the two youngest. It has a divider through the centre so you can put all the things they each need separately. Saves you a lot of hassle when you go out. I only use those bags for long days out, seeing as I only now have 3babies home on weekdays. I have a small 'yummy mummy' changing bag attached to the pram with some 'jjcole' changing bag clips and a 'skip hop' wipes dispenser next to it. Just because it's easier to grab wipes when I need then that way AND it means I can fit a nursing shawl in my small changing bag too.

Underneath my pram (as I've always got a preschooler with me) I carry a foldable toilet seat for public loos, in its own tote.
Rain covers and sun shades, I've given up on parasols.

Hope that makes sense

Are you an ninja?

We have two diaper bags since we have twins: Skip Hop Duo and a Diaper Dude. We usually only need the Skip Hop Duo, but if we're out for a long time sometimes we will bring both. The super big ones are just too big for us to carry comfortably. If you would like to see pictures of them in use I posted a few on this diaper bag list. I hope it helps! :) https://www.theydontfeedthemselves.com/newborn-twins-diaper-bag/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->