Diaper rash cures??

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by ilvmylbug, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ilvmylbug

ilvmylbug Single Mom of 2 & Proud

Any home remedies for a diaper rash? My tot has had one for almost a week now. I've tried Desitin (diaper rash cream) but it doesn't seem to be working. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but when I am changing her diaper she touches it. I really hope it's not itching her or hurting. :nope:

2. Dee_H

Dee_H Mama to Rian + Bump

I love Sudo Cream...letting some air get to it to works great.If it doesn't clear up soon..it may be worth a trip to docs. It might be a yeast infection.GL:hugs:

3. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

Diaper free time. :thumbup: When my Otter has had a rash that I just couldn't knock out, I would let him sleep at night without a diaper (naked from the waist down). As long as your LO doesn't tend to poo at night, it should be okay.

I put 2-3 towels under his tight fitting crib sheet and let him sleep that way. When he wakes in the morning the bed clothes and towels are pretty wet (he's a super heavy wetter) but he is dry and his rash is loads better. I do that a couple of nights in a row and the rash is gone. :thumbup:

4. MrsVenn

MrsVenn Well-Known Member

I was going to say, wipe with warm water and lots of air i.e. noody bum time.

5. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Time with nappy off, clean luke warm water instead of wipes for a few days, and sudocream on every time you change. :thumbup:

Have you recently changed anything like your bubble bath, cream, wipes, nappies, anything like that. If you ahve then try without for a few days and see if it goes. Earl has a terrible reaction to wipes other than a couple f types/brands. We have to be so careful!! :wacko:

6. future_numan

future_numan Mommy to 4 girls & 1 boy

I agree.. good old fashion air.. give the tushy a break from that dark wet enviroment !

7. nessie01

nessie01 Well-Known Member

hi my DD had the worst ever rash. we tried everything but i swear by this!! it works 100%. put about 8-10 drops of teatree oil into his bath every night, let air dry after bath. put on barrier cream of your choice and then heaps of good old fashioned cornflour yes the cheap as stuff from the supermarket (corn not wheaten).. the tea tree oil heals the rash as its antibacterail and fungal and the cornflour absorbs the wee and keeps them dryer. also stop using chemical wipes and just use a cloth to wipe. my DD was healed in a week or so as hers was severe infact steriod cream didnt touch it. you will notice a huge difference in one day!!

8. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

Emma is very prone to rashes and they always clear up in a day or two if I let her run around naked. :flower:

9. jane99

jane99 Well-Known Member

Use a nappy barrier cream at each nappy change - it stops the skin coming into contact with wee/poo.