Diapers!

sweetysangel8

Reaction score
I know there are women on here from around the world, so I'm not sure what is all offered in different countries. I'm in the US. For you experienced mamas, I'm looking for options on diaper brands: Luvs, Pampers, Huggies and Up & Up. I've heard different opinions like Pampers swaddlers for newborn and Huggies for older baby. I've heard that Luvs leak. I haven't heard too much about Up & Up. I've been told not to stock up on diapers as they may not work for baby. I'm the type that would like to at least get some stocked up while pregnant and I'm sure I will get at least some from a baby shower. Any insight or opinions are greatly appreciated!

I suggest buying a small pack of each brand. The smallest pack you can find of each. The other issue is some babies aren't in newborns long at all. Whereas others are in them for months like my first daughter. I personally liked pampers swaddlers with my first daughter but preferred Huggies with daughter #2. And I haven't had a boy but I've read it's much different with boys bc of where the urine is pointed if that makes sense. :haha: I didn't hate Luvs but I can't tolerate the smell. But in a pinch they are the less expensive way to go.

If it were me I'd get the small packs of each brand and than get an envelope and fill it with diaper money. Than when you learn what works best you can do a big purchase after your LO is here. Same goes with wipes. I only use huggies bc I like the thicker wipes but again everyone finds different things work better for them.

I'm interested in this topic as well, though I'm interested in opinions on cloth as well. Stalking!

I'm interested in this topic as well, though I'm interested in opinions on cloth as well. Stalking!

Cloth is the same issue. So many varieties so it's almost better to try one at a time out. I cloth diapered my first after she passed the first month or two. I have fuzzy bunz pocket diapers, bumgenius all in ones, and blueberries pocket diapers. The fuzzy bunz were my favorites. But with DD2 she got a rash every time I attempted to cloth so they were used very little unfortunately.

With DD we did pampers swaddlers when she was newborn then mostly huggies until she was probably around 9 or 10 months then we switched to luvs because they were cheaper and did the trick lol

We used disposables with Pheebs for the first 8 weeks as it's a pretty hectic time as you can imagine and then moved to cloth in the day and disposable at night. Loved using cloth as there are so many lovely designs out there.

Pampers swaddlers were my favorite for newborn, and I ended up staying with pampers because huggies leaked and so did luvs. I also tried honest brand and they leaked as well. Size is also an issue if you plan to stock up. DD was 5 weeks early and was in newborn size for quite some time. My sister's middle daughter came home from the hospital already in size 1 (she has huge babies).

My twins both had a bad reaction to luvs, I've always preferred pampers but really love Huggues now that they are older. I also never pay full price, Amazon mom has them for 50% off occasionally and target also has great promos

Pampers swaddlers have always been our favorite, but the Target brand are a good cheaper substitute.

My son was extremely sensitive to most mainstream diapers plus is a heavy wetter. The only ones that worked great were Bambo but are very expensive. I decided to cloth him instead and love it. I will cloth my next baby from the start.

It's not on your list but I really love Honest Company diapers. I use them for both my babies. They even have overnights which work really well for my toddler. An added bonus is they come in adorable patterns and are the cutest disposable diapers.

I whole heartedly recommend cloth!!. We've just spend 3 weeks in disposables as we have been abroad travelling with my toddler and I don't know why people bother with them!.

I'd highly recommend bumgenius or if your on a tighter budget Alva's / Little bloom. X

I liked Huggies Little Snugglers for both of my babies. Pampers Swaddlers were also good, but expensive. Luvs gave my daughter a horrible rash so I never even tried them with my son.

I used Close Pop-ins and also prefolds with covers with Emma from birth. I used the newborn sized pop-ins at first and now she's in the OSFM.

I've used cloth with my kids since Thomas was 9 months old, my favourites are the pop-ins and I also have rumparooz covers that I am liking right now.

Everyone likes different stuff when it comes to cloth so it pays to try a few types. I don't like pockets or AIO's but they are popular with lots of other mums. I also like cotton or bamboo as the absorbency and don't like microfibre.

We used cloth for the first 6 months--until the solid food poops started arriving. Since then we've compared several brands--I personally like Up&Up because they are semi-green (chlorine free) as well as affordable. Luvs stink--literally--they are absolutely covered in some sort of fragrance. Huggies little snugglers are great, but they only go up to size 4 where I am. However, Pampers gentle care/sensitive are awesome and go all the way up to size 6. Pampers don't have elastic in the back though, so with a young baby it leads to poops up the back. Up&Up has elastic in the back. If you can afford it (which we only can when we have massive coupons) Seventh Generation are wonderful as well--if you are into an eco diaper.

With both my girls I loved Pampers Swaddlers from birth, then cruisers once they were mobile. I've also used Honest company... which I love, so I buy a pack here and there when I want them in a cute looking disposable.

Huggies leaked for both of mine, and I could smell their pee...

My SIL used only Huggies for my nephew and she swears by them. Maybe it's a boy/girl thing?

For all of my kids we started out with huggies from birth until about 6 month or when they started really moving about then I bought cheap generic diaper for day and huggies overnight for sleeping. Havent had any problems.

ive used pampers swaddlers for both of my DDs from newborn until when they were potty trained and never had an issue. Plan on using same with this LO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->