Diarrhea in early pregnancy 4 weeks + 1

MissGossip

Reaction score
Hey,

So as the title says....is this normal? Everything I read online says constipation is more common but for the past 3 mornings it's just ran out of me (sorry for tmi) hubby heard me today and said 'surely that can't be right' lol, I haven't even thought about it being bad until he commented and now I'm worried somethings up :( can anyone help please xxx

I have diarrhea at the moment aswell, constipation only with some ladies i think because of high hormone mixed with Iron in the pre natals but sometimes has the opposite effect! I didnt have Diarrhea in my last pg though, im full of wind aswwll lol (tmi) all normal ;)

How far along are you Claire? It's such a big change to our body's l, as its my first pregnancy I have no idea what to expect but it's the third day running with the runs so thought I best check. Thanks for the reassurance :) xx

I had it at the very beginning, it went away pretty fast.

omg!!!! I've had diarrhea for the past week! around 4-5weeks I was constipated. now at 8 weeks I have diarrhea accompanied by TERRIBLE pains. It really sucks and makes me feel so weak.

I was 4 week yesterday so super early! I know alot of people say they get constipated, obviously alot of hormone flying around our bodies! Glad Im not the only one though, internet doesnt seem to say too much regarding diarrhea!

Yes! I had it really badly for the first few weeks - lost 4lbs in a few days.

Doctor wasn't concerned. Said some people get that instead of morning sickness and is just a result of the hormonal increase. I used to get an upset stomach around ovulation so I guess that's just how my body reacts. Haven't even had a sniff of constipation!

It eased after a few weeks but I still get an occasional bout when I eat anything too rich.

Stay hydrated - electrolyte water, coconut water or even gatorade is fine - and make sure you're eating little and often. Scale back on the fibre, oh make sure your prenatal doesn't have a stool softener. Bananas and plain rice were my savior!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I have it off and on and I am now 12 weeks and baby is strong. I have experienced a miscarriage and often women believe the two go hand in hand because the cramping you get from the diarrhea is similar to period cramps. Relax take a deep breath and just let it happen, stay hydrated.

Im 7+1 today, mines been here about a week id say, had quite 'firm' poop before thst though but i guess it can come in at anytime :-/ urghhh

I had this problem during the first few weeks of pregnancy starting at about that time. Here recently though I've started having the problems with constipation.

its amazing to hear how each pregnancy is different!! Thanks for all the reassurance, it wasnt as bad this morning but still not hard and far from constipated haha!

Feel much more positive today, clearblue digital has increased to 2-3 weeks so shows hormones are increasing and everything is progressing as it should be so very happy today :)

I realised normally on my period when I have cramps I get diarrhea so I imagine the cramping from pregnancy has had the same reaction.

Thanks again for your replies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->