Diclectin question

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can quickly answer this for me...

I just took my diclectin before going to bed, it's been helping me fall asleep as I was previously barely sleeping, and has lasted through to the mornings helping me with morning sickness. I haven't taken it during the day as I don't need any more fatigue. So morning sickness has still been off and on during afternoons and evenings. Anyway, long story short, I was feeling nauseous tonight and vomited right after taking my evening diclectin.

Do you think it will still be in my system? Or should I take another one? I am wanting to fall asleep tonight and not have morning sickness tomorrow am so really want the diclectin to work. But I also obviously don't want to take too much....

Anyone have experience with this?

Hi. Sorry I couldn't answer you sooner and hope you got a good sleep. I've been on diclectin every night since week 11. I had just been taking it when nauseous before then. I have thrown up before perhaps 15 mins after taking it. I assumed it still got into my system so I didn't take any more. Kept the nausea at bay so I'm guessing it did work. Probably just depends on how long after you threw it up. They are tiny little pills. I think they would dissolve fast but not sure!

I've been on those since week 6 and they have been fantastic. Its helped alot with my nausea and its calmed my body down a lot so i dont vomit..
I've actually not been using it much now that I am in week 11 its not as bad anymore :)

It was literally right after, less than a minute. I lay in bed for a while and didn't feel sleepy, so I ended up taking one more but not the full dose of two, and then was able to sleep but not as soundly. I'm also feeling nauseous this morning which I haven't felt in the morning since going on it. So I'm guessing I did throw it up.

I took diclectin previously but I swore it didn't work - turns out I wasn't taking It consistently. I would only tske IT once I felt nauseous.

I've since been proven wrong, as diclectin works best when taken consistently and has time to absorb into your blood and system. I've been taken 1 before bed, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Because I'm used to it I don't get hit with the fatigue anymore. It's also kept nausea at bay mostly since last week. I always thought of it as a quick fix, but it's not meant to be for that.

It started working a day or two after I stsrted taking it regularly. Good luck!

I was on it from week 12 to 23. I took it 2x at night, 1 when I got up and 1 at lunch at the peak of the ms being the worst. I stepped down to 2x at night and 1 at lunch as I found my ms to get bad in the evening. Then just the 2x before bed and then I was off. It took awhile, but I'd recommend taking it in the morning too.
If you take it often enough it won't make you so tired.

But I want it to make me tired, it's been helping me sleep. I was having trouble falling asleep.

Taking the 2 at night always helped me sleep better, but it shouldn't be used just for sleep. If you're taking it to sleep and still getting sick because you're not taking it enough in effort to keep its sleep aids effectiveness somethings off.

I guess it's up to you if you want to sleep more or feel sick less. You can try other things to help you fall asleep the diclectin is for the neausea.

It was prescribed by my doctor and we discussed why I was taking it and how often I should take it and all has been good so I'm comfortable with that :) he is a medical professional with lots of experience so I trust his recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->