Did accupuncture work or not?

dede3124

Reaction score
I know there are probably discussions on here already for this but I want a fresh perspective. I would like to get feedback for ladies that were successful in their BFP and ladies that have yet to be that used acupuncture. Did it work for you or not? Thanks!!

Hi dede! The results are still unknown for me as this has been my first cycle trying acupuncture. One thing I do know, is it did cause me to O about 4 days early, which, being I wasn't expecting that it did catch me by surprise and we only got one BD session in beforehand. So honestly, not suspecting a BFP this month. Now that I'm aware, though, I will try next cycle as well and be more prepared!

Hi Dede

I started acupuncture in April 2014. At that stage I had been off of BCP for 4 months and had not ovulated. After my first session I O'ed. From here we worked on getting my cycles down to 28/31 days in length. We didn't quite get there as I got my BFP in August. My acupuncturist also is trained in traditional Chinese Medicen. We started some herbs afte my second cycle.

I believe without acupuncture we would not have got our BFP when we did.

Two fantastic books you should read are:
The Infertility Cure - Randine Kewis
Fertility Wisdome - Angela C WU

I applied the principles in these books with regards to diet, lifestyle etc a month prior to getting our BFP.

I still go to weekly sessions and truly feel so much better for it.

All the best!!! Happy to answer any question you have!

Thanks for information! Keep it coming. :) This was my first month with acupuncture for fertility. I know it has worked wonders for my shoulders. My cycles aren't crazy and BBT indicates that I ovulate every month on my own without the acupuncture, but after a year of not conceiving my acupuncturist suggested it....fingers crossed for my next cycle! Good luck to you!

I tried 5 sesssions of acupuncture now, and I'v seen no change in my cycle. Wating for my period to come, haven't seen it for about 6 mon.

But i noticed a lot of symptoms like feeling something down there, bigger and sensetive breasts. I took a PC test today, and im not preg :-(

I think I will go to a cuole of sessions more and see whats going to happen!?

Thought I'd provide an update. No BFP for that first cycle doing acupuncture, but as I mentioned we only got one (maaybe 2) BD sessions in since it seemed I O'd early. So round 2 of fertility acupuncture for me. I did also begin the Chinese medicine herbal tea stuff this time as well. I was hesitant as it's quite expensive and of course not covered by medical, but I also want my BFP lol! We're taking a short break after this cycle so I really want it to happen. Other things I noticed, I seem to be falling asleep a bit easier, even despite increased stress this month, and my AF lengthened by a day. Which I'm counting as a good thing as the past few months it was lasting 2 days at best, and incredibly light....making me wonder about if my lining has been any good at all. :shrug:

Hi - I have had 3 sessions of acupuncture for fertility . 1st was pre ov and I had an earlier ovulation that cycle . Second was just into next cycle - about cd 7 I think then a session in tww and that is the cycle that has brought my bfp 3 days ago after 15 cycles of no hint xxxx

Omg 6 sissions of acupuncture and my period has now showed up. I'm so happy!!!!
Now I hope to ovulate so I can get pregnant very soon! I'm happy that I started acupuncture instead of hormones :)

So glad it worked for you guys. Super hopeful for me lol I had a treatment yesterday.

Totally worked for me, first cycle. We started TTC and immediately my cycles went from clockwork, painless to haywire, crazy cramps all month, sore boobs, BFN... So on cycle 4 I went to a fertility acupuncturist and my cycle reverted to normal and bam - egg goal! My OH says its quackery but I know my body and it felt like I was going back to normal.

Hey, dede....I'm on the other thread with you and I'm doing acupuncture. I'll post more later....no BFP yet but we only have had one month of trying post-treatment. This month is my second month trying so I will find out in two weeks if it worked.

Here is my acupuncture experience so far....
Was on BCP for 10 years, stopped them last year, got AF for two cycles and was tracking my ovulation/temping and noticed that my LP was short. We were going to wait another couple months to start TTC#1 but decided not to wast anymore time. First month we tried I got my BFP 12DPO. On 22DPO I started bleeding and miscarried naturally since I was so early. Tried for 5 more months and nothing, all the while noticing that my LP was short (9-10 days). Decided to get CD3 blood work done and found that my FSH was high, which can indicate that I'm running out if eggs or going inti early menopause. Did a lot of reading and found that acupuncture can help.

I found an acupuncturist who is skilled in treating infertility and she has a board in her office with pictures or her "acupuncture babies". I was thrilled! First 6 weeks, I went twice per week. Since then, I go once per week just because it's very expensive and not covered by insurance. I also drink Chinese herbs in the form of tea twice daily. And in chart my temps and my acupuncturist reviews my chart at every session.

I noticed immediate improvement in my first cycle. My LP was 13 days long and my AF was bright red and heavier instead light and dark brown/black. The first two cycles we prevented since it takes 90 to improve egg quality. We tried in October and I swore I was pregnant - and my temps looked great - but I got AF. My doc thinks my lining wasn't thick enough so now I'm going to try progesterone in my LP.

I would suggest that if you try acupuncture you should find someone that is trained specifically for treating infertility and that they have success stories to share. He/she should be familiar with terms like luteal phase, follicular phase, FSH, how the pituitary gland regulates hormones, etc. You acupuncturist should also insist that you chart your cycles because that tells him if and when you are ovulating.

You should also be prepared to give it three months at least. I am going to continue acupuncture for one more cycle after this one, so in total 5 cycles (two not trying and three of TTC). DH lost his job recently so unfortunately we can't afford any more than that. Well, we can, but we don't want to spend any more!! In case you are curious, each session costs me $90-$100 and my herbs cost an additional $70 per week. So it adds up quickly!

Oh, one more SUPER important thing! You should get your partner's sperm tested just to make sure that there are no issues there. You don't want to "waste" so to speak the acupuncture treatments TTC with subpar sperm, so if there is any issue with the sperm you should get that fixed first. Good luck!

This is also my second full cycle with acupuncture. Fingers crossed I can come back and say it worked! Hubby going to get sa done soon....agree it would be good know! Good luck all!

Where are you in your cycle? I am 7DPO and I already think I'm out. I ovulated late this month, on CD19, so my acupuncturist isn't optimistic about my chances. Hopefully next cycle will be perfect and I'll get my BFP, since that will be my last month of acupuncture.

MJs is there a reason why u and your acupuncturist think later ovulation won't result in bfp?
I got my bfp when I ovulated on cd 19 so you might still be lucky ? X

MJs is there a reason why u and your acupuncturist think later ovulation won't result in bfp?
I got my bfp when I ovulated on cd 19 so you might still be lucky ? X

Because apparently when you ovulate late the egg is not properly matured or something. I ovulated on CD18 when I got pregnant in March but I miscarried it early so it was probably a bad egg, or not properly matured or whatever. I'm pretty hopeless at this point. I have high FSH so my chances are not good (I know there are success stories but they are not the norm).

Oh right- I did not know that ! Now I'm a bit worried lol

I ovulated really early with dd- but I have been ovulating a bit later in general since after she was born! My fsh at cd 3 was 7. Something . X. I wish you luck though !

Oh right- I did not know that ! Now I'm a bit worried lol

I ovulated really early with dd- but I have been ovulating a bit later in general since after she was born! My fsh at cd 3 was 7. Something . X. I wish you luck though !

You shouldn't worry...plenty of ladies ovulate after CD14 and get pregnant with sticky babies just fine. It's only a issue for me since I already have problems with the high FSH. Your FSH is fine...you already have one healthy child so I"m sure this one is fine too.....I'm just especially unlucky and probably infertile.

MJ I am dpo 12. Extra fingers crossed lol at that point where you just watch those temps! :)

MJ I am dpo 12. Extra fingers crossed lol at that point where you just watch those temps! :)

Good luck dede...I know what you mean, like when you wake up and just pray that your temp didn't just nosedive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->