Did anyone else feel like this??

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
So the last couple days I have not felt very well at all.
I have been feeling very tired, which I know is normal, but ontop of that I have been feeling very very weak. I cant describe it, it's as though I have not eaten any food all day/night, and my body has no energy at all.
So last night I woke up at around 2am, I could feel the baby pressing down on my cervix so much that it was as though something was going to come out, I mean I could actually feel something inside my doo-dar,everytime he moved, and it was also causing alot of pain too.
I felt so bad that I was in tears and I just didnt know what to do- I couldnt get up for a drink because I felt so unwell, and I was afriad to move incase something came gushing out of me, because again, it felt as though that was going to happen.
Now, this morning, I feel pretty much the same, but the pains have gone. I feel all funny in my chest, and my head feels very light. I also have the feeling as though my hands are shaking from feeling so weak, only they're not (if that makes any sense). With the sensations I was getting from baby last night, and the way I was feeling unwell with it, I thought that was it, he's on his way- but I managed to drop off and kinda ignore it for a while. That aside, I had horrible headache aswell.
I havent eaten anything dodgy so it wont be anything like that; my blood pressure is fine, as were my sugar levels, so Im really quite confused.
Is this feeling normal at all?
It's as though my energy level has hit zero, and no matter what I do, I just cant get back to feeling normal.

You might be anaemic ... When was the last time you had your blood tested? Are you taking Iron supplements?

Obviously fatigue in pregnancy is totally normal. I get it a lot, and I'm just fine.

You could also be coming down with a bug or virus ... I felt really bad for about 4 days before realising I had the cold last week; I had fatigue and was very unwell with aches, pains etc, and then when the coughing, congestion and sneezing started, I realised I had the cold. I'm only just getting over it now. You body finds it more difficult to fight off illness during pregnancy.

Sometimes my baby pushes against my cervix too really hard, sometimes it's a little sore. And he goes through phases where he does it a lot. It could just be Nicky dropping.

Get yourself to bed, and eat little and often, take plenty of fluids. Also it might be a good idea to ring your GP or midwife for advice. But I felt EXACTLY the same way as you last week, and turned out to be nothing more than the cold. Hope you're ok!

You might be anaemic ... When was the last time you had your blood tested? Are you taking Iron supplements?

Obviously fatigue in pregnancy is totally normal. I get it a lot, and I'm just fine.

You could also be coming down with a bug or virus ... I felt really bad for about 4 days before realising I had the cold last week; I had fatigue and very general very unwell with aches, pains etc, and then when the coughing, congestion and sneezing started, I realised I had the cold. I'm only just getting over it now. You body finds it more difficult to fight off illness during pregnancy.

Sometimes my baby pushes against my cervix too really hard, sometimes it's a little sore. And he goes through phases where he does it a lot. It could just be Nicky dropping.

Get yourself to bed, and eat little and often, take plenty of fluids. Also it might be a good idea to ring your GP or midwife for advice. But I felt EXACTLY the same way as you last week, and turned out to be nothing more than the cold. Hope you're ok!
Bless ya.
So you're over it now, then?
Im not anemic, the docs are real pleased with my blood count and the last time I was tested was at 28 weeks and was told to stop taking iron suppliments because it was giving me the craps lol.
When you mentioned my baby dropping, can you actually feel it? because last night I felt the weirdest 'pop' right around where his head is, and that worried me slightly.
Is there any change with you at all? no sign of labour yet? :( it must be so frustrating for you.:hugs:
COME ON JOEY,WE'RE ALL WAITING.

Bless ya.
So you're over it now, then?
Im not anemic, the docs are real pleased with my blood count and the last time I was tested was at 28 weeks and was told to stop taking iron suppliments because it was giving me the craps lol.
When you mentioned my baby dropping, can you actually feel it? because last night I felt the weirdest 'pop' right around where his head is, and that worried me slightly.
Is there any change with you at all? no sign of labour yet? :( it must be so frustrating for you.:hugs:
COME ON JOEY,WE'RE ALL WAITING.[/center]

Erm ... You see because I still have the cold, it's hard to tell whether I'm feeling a bit off because of that or because of impending labour. I'm feeling a bit better this week and feel I have enough energy to continue with the housework, and continue walking my dogs etc, which is good because if left to that man in my bed nothing would ever get done! Erm sometimes I do feel hard pressure down there, and yeah I'm convinced it's him dropping down further. Its been happening over the past 3-4 weeks for me, and it was in the last 3-4 weeks that the doctors told me his head was engaging. Sorry if tmi but I'm definitely going to the loo a lot more, get bowel movements twice a day, which is SO not like me. Normally I get them once every couple of days. And I know this is a sign that my body is getting ready for labour. I'm also getting more and more watery discharge, another sign of impending labour. His movements have slowed down drastically, and I know that foetuses movements slow down just before labour to conserve energy for the birth. But I don't have any contractions, no show, don't even think I've lost my mucus plug. But I'm not due for another 8 days so I suppose it'll all kick off really soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->