Did anyone else have a problem?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Getting hold of the midwife to make an appointment has been a nightmare. My GP gave me a number to phone but when I finally got through (after trying to call many, many times) I got told to phone another number. I phoned them and got their answering machine so I left a message and they called back the next day (Friday) morning telling me to try ANOTHER number this morning as the office was closed for the Easter weekend. Tried calling that number and when I finally got through, guess what? Yup! Another number that it's impossible to get through on.

I'm going out of my head here. I've had some brown spotting this weekend (no cramps, clots or pain) too which has been a little concern I wanted to alert the midwife to. I'm so frustrated and I don't know what to do! I feel like I'm going round in circles here.

Not impressed.

ETA: I can't go to the office myself to make the appointment in person as I don't drive and DH is at work Monday to Friday 8.30-5pm!

I would be less than impressed if i were you too! What a lot of mess around! Hope you get it sorted soon hun surely they cant keep just passing you around like that!

Oh no how annoying I would be fuming !! :-( really Joel you get to speak to someone soon have a really good moan !! Xx

I just phoned my doctors and got my first appointment with the midwife for Monday no problems. Surely they shouldn't be messing you around like this. I would call your gp back and ask for a telephone appointment explain to them about the brown spotting and that your having problems getting hold of the midwives, see if they can help you out. Hope you sort it soon x

I called my surgery this morning and the earliest appointment is 29th April, which is ok really as I will be about 8weeks at that point anyway. My midwife is only in surgery on a Wednesday so gets really busy.

Hope you track your midwife down soon as sounds like you've been pushed from pillow to post xx

Typical that it's just me! Still no appointment - was even given another number which turned out to be the number for the mental health department in the hospital. They are all a bunch of incompetent idiots! So mad.

I've also had a fair amount of back pain and a little cramping today with my spotting so I'm starting to worry. This is a nightmare!

Do you have an early pregnancy unit at your local hospital? If you do I would give them a call and see if you can refer yourself due to the spotting and pain and tell them all the problems your having getting hold of a midwife x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->