Did anyone else have slight wobbles over name?

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I'm due our second boy at the beginning of August and we are pretty much set on his name. I've had a couple of wobbles about it though - mostly because I didn't fall instantly in love with it like I did for my DS1 (Connor) and partially because I'm still pining for Brody which DH doesn't like. To be honest, I think that two other boys being born recently in our family has sort of made me also wonder if our name is a bit dull. As I say, I do really like it and I'm sure that when I get to meet the little guy then it'll be perfect.

Anyway, just looking for opinions...

Blair Orion Fox

Yes to the wobbles! We changed our 6ths name on her due date ... the original name just wasnt sitting right with either of us and she so suits her 'new' name (shes now 4!) I can't imagine her being the original name at all!

My youngest had 3 or 4 names which i settled on and then changed my mind throughout the pregnancy.

Id probably hold off officially announcing babys name when he arrives, use it for a few days at home and see how it feels. If youre still unsure- thens the time to change it!

Funny story.
Well actually first of all I just want to say how tickeled I am by the word wobbles in this context.

In 2010 I got pregnant with my daughter, picked a name with her Father (Sophia Jonae), who then later at about 6 months pregnant passed away. Before we picked Sophia my heart was set on Aveya and I said well, Ill keep the middle name he loved and go back to the name he shot down.
I got so much grief for that... guilt trips because he picked Sophia and hes dead and how what I did was wrong.

That we started calling her Sophia. I made a big production, got a keepsake with her name Sophia on it and gifted it to his parents.

BUT it was over a week after her birth and I was so depressed and sad that I never changed it. She actually just changed it when she was 5, after my mom adopted her! (I did not do well with everything and ended up in a very dark place so my mom took her for me. We now coparent and she comes the same weekend as my husbands son.) the Name change was free so we changed her first name instead of her last name. (Also her fathers, from birth.)

Yes! DH and I tried for a very long time to start our family and had both a boy and girl name picked out with a few options for middle names well before becoming pregnant. At around the 25 weeks mark I just suddenly went totally off our boy name. I couldn't even consider it anymore and started searching for another boy name adding around 10 to my new shortlist that I felt totally trumped the ridiculous name that had been our number 1 choice up to then. Then my waters broke a few days later and my son was born a week after that, 13 weeks prem at 27 weeks gestation. The second he was born I knew the name we'd had picked out years before was the right name all along. I hadn't even seen him yet as he was whisked off to NICU while I was getting patched up from my emergency c-section. It just felt right. He's just had his second birthday and it still feels right. I can't imagine him with any other name, but I did totally hate it for that 2 weeks 😂

oh, and I really like the name choice. Orion is on my list if we are ever blessed with another. Blair goes lovely with Connor. I like Fox too but I have a Wolfe already and I don't think I could have both!

With our first we had names picked out at 10 weeks - the boys name was one we had always liked and assumed we would use.

But by the end we had completely gone off both. We chose a girls name pretty easily (and it ended up being a girl) but couldn’t decide on a different boys name until 38 weeks.

Second time we didn’t even talk about it until 30 weeks, and this time I’m due October 17th so we will talk about it after the summer. I find we do go off names if they are floating around for too long.

Yes! I think dd really suits her name now but I sometimes wish we'd swapped her middle and first name around.

oh, and I really like the name choice. Orion is on my list if we are ever blessed with another. Blair goes lovely with Connor. I like Fox too but I have a Wolfe already and I don't think I could have both!

I also love the name choice. My son is Zane Orion =]

We're in the same boat right now, tossing names to my DH who has shot every single one down, except for Alexander. I like the name, but I haven't felt that, 'it's the right one' moment yet. Thinking it might be when we see him we'll know for sure.

Lora loo.... ive got a Nelly she is 12 now its a name i very rarely see anywhere else love it!!
With all my 3 children's names i have loved them for so long there never was any other name they could be its like it was their name before they were even in my womb lol tcc#4 now and i havent got any names in mind. Well i have but oh doesnt like either of them lol
Norah for a girl and Reggie for a boy
He isnt keen so back to the drawing board
My 3 have old fashioned names 2 of which were my great granny & grandads names x

Totally. We went to the hospital with three name possibilities. I knew my favorite, my husband had a different favorite, and the third was a nice name combo just in case the other two didn’t feel right when she arrived.

Then she was born and I didn’t have any strong feelings about her name. I didn’t know what to choose, she was just this little newborn. But my husband was certain that my favorite was the right one because she came so quickly once we started pushing. She was strong and bright and wonderful, so we chose Nova Elise over Raina Cadence and Avalon Olivia.

Honestly, it took me a full year to get used to her name. It always felt odd introducing her as Nova to people. Then she started developing a personality and the name fit perfectly. I cannot imagine her with any other name.

So yes, many wobbles. Even after she was named, but logically I knew it was the right choice, it was just hard associating a little newborn with any name.

Your choice is LOVELY. Blair Orion is a wonderful combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->