Did anyone have spotting after their BFP?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
Hi girls. I found out I'm pregnant on Tuesday after a year of trying after my miscarriage. The lines haven't been getting much darker since then but they are definitely there and they haven't got any fainter today. My temperature is still up and I don't have any cramps. A few niggly pains but they feel more like pregnancy pains and not AF pains. Anyway, I went to the loo and my pee looked bright green (well not bright green but a bit luminous!) so I checked around my cervix and noticed a tiny bit of brown spotting. Does this mean I'm having a chemical pregnancy? My period is only about 5 days late but I've had countless BFPs.

Just wondering if any of you ladies have had spotting after you've found out you're pregnant and gone on to be fine?

Hopefully one day soon, I'll be over here but I don't feel it's very likely at the moment xxx

A lot of women spot, even at later points in their pregnancy. It's very normal, and as long as you don't see red blood, and have cramps simultaneously, then you're normally fine. I find I have luminous pee whenever I'm taking vitamin B. Are you taking your prenatals yet, because they will contain vitamin B, and therefore it's normal.

And as for the lines on the HPT not darkening; I never took a test after 4 weeks pregnant, so I don't know if mine would have got darker, but I know some women don't ever get a positive HPT until they're about 6 months pregnant, so it has no bearing over your pregnancy.

Good luck honey, and try not to worry. The first tri is full of worries, and you should try to give yourself the easiest journey you can.

I had spotting at 6, 8 and 10 weeks in this pregnancy. I was terrified it was another miscarriage, but at the moment, all seems ok. Unlike my m/c, it only ever got to a couple of drops of bright red blood. I was convinced before my scan, I had lost this one too, but low and behold they were fine. Don't lose hope until anything is confirmed!! My midwife stated that any bleeding is not normal, but yet not uncommon. They stated they thoughtmy spotting may have been down to a low placenta. I'm just praying that all will work out ok now. Good luck!

I'm taking my folic acid. I used to take the vit b complex which did make my pee bright yellow/green but I stopped taking that about 4 months ago. The folic acid doesn't normally have that effect on me. I'll just have to wait it out and see. If the spotting eases off, then I'll feel better but I'm just worried because I miscarried last year. But I didn't want to get my hopes up this time, not until the 12 week scan, that is indeed if I make it. I don't want to jinx it by thinking everything will be ok x

Speak to Widger, she had it all through the first trimester and it was fine. I think she ended up taking B6

X

I'm taking my folic acid. I used to take the vit b complex which did make my pee bright yellow/green but I stopped taking that about 4 months ago. The folic acid doesn't normally have that effect on me. I'll just have to wait it out and see. If the spotting eases off, then I'll feel better but I'm just worried because I miscarried last year. But I didn't want to get my hopes up this time, not until the 12 week scan, that is indeed if I make it. I don't want to jinx it by thinking everything will be ok x

It could be something you drank. Sometimes not drinking enough will make it look weird. When in doubt, always up your water intake and see if it helps! You would be surprised at how many problems it can fix.

And the spotting sounds like no big deal. Brown is old blood so if you've had sex at any point in the last week it could cause a little bleeding since there is so much extra blood in the area. There were several women in 1st tri when I was there that were having all kinds of bleeding.. some even heavy and clotty. It rarely turned out to be anything anything bad.

I wouldn't stress over the shade of the line on the pregnancy test either. They are simply made to give a yes or no answer. Some will have more dye show up than others without it meaning anything at all. If you are worried, get your doctor or midwife to do a few blood tests to check your HCG levels and make sure they are rising or try to get an early ultrasound at 6wks or so. (8 weeks would be better.. you'll see more.)

Congrats on your BFP !! I had spotting a couple of times after my BFP was very minimal but mine was red blood so was referred to EPAU following my previous miscarriage. All was fine but they showed me on the scan where the blood had come from and they said it was excess blood from implantation.

Easier said than done but try and relax through it but if you have any more or any pains etc perhaps see if ur gp will refer you for an early scan to see if all ok, but i think you have to be approx 6 wks for not which I know isnt far off but seems an eternity doesnt it when you waiting.

Good Luck x

congrats hun, i had 2 bouts of spotting, both were bright red, one was accompanied by cramps, was put down to implantation x

congrats dear, i spotted for 2-3 days after getting a BFP but it eventually stopped. Good luck!

I just replied to your pregnancy announcement. I had spotting all through 1st trimester and with my last mmc I didn't have any so it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Please do PM me if you want Susan.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you :dust:

I had spotting fromweeks 6-10- all was well! :hugs:

I think my spotting was the start of a miscarriage - or chemical. I was only 4 weeks 2 days when it started. Yesterday I had quite a lot of bleeding, 2 large clots of blood so I think it's safe to say that it didn't stick. So I'm back to TTC again. Hopefully January will be my lucky sticky month xxx

For any of you girls who experienced spotting in the very early parts of their pregnancies, did any of you have read blood? Also, were you able to carry on your normal activities and work?
I am 4w1d and have had red blood yesterday and today, mostly only when I use the toilet, and nothing needing more than a liner, hardly even anything on that. Still I am very nervous. I am having blood drawn for beta tomorrow morning.
My test line did get darker today and my temp actually went up more so those things help me be more confidant. If they do say it's ok I'm hoping they won't tell me I can't work, but we will deal with whatever comes. I did not have anything like this happen with dd so I don't have any idea what to expect.

Susan, so sorry to hear your news.:hugs: Hope to see you back here real soon!

Belliesmommy, I had spotting for 2 weeks following my BFP, started 2 days after my period and was just brown and what looked like womb lining, mainly when I wiped. It did turn red twice on wiping and I really thought I was out, but after 2 weeks it stopped, not to return since (fingers crossed). I noticed that the last bout of red had been after I had been gardening and straining slightly, so I stopped lifting or carrying anything heavy for the whole of the 1st trimester... have carried that into the second trimester because I like it!!

Anyhoo, that's my experience. I know we're all different. Good luck:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->