Did anyone have to wait ages for labour to start once they lost mucus plug?

Sb86

Reaction score
Thursday morning I started losing my plug and having a lot more braxton hicks and period type pain..
I know it doesn't mean much and that labour could still be a while away yet, but I'm just curious to know from the ladies who have children already, did any of you not go into labour for ages even after your mucus plug coming away?

My due date is 10 days away, I just wanna give myself hope that I won't go over by too much otherwise I'll be induced on the 25th and i reeeeally don't want that to happen!

I lost my plug a good few weeks before LO was born, it regenerated and I lost it again in the couple of weeks preceding birth. But if you haven't lost any until now then it could be a sign labour is on its way; my MW said that usually women lose their mucous plug 1-4 weeks before labour starts and if the plug is tinged with blood or you have a bloody show at the same time you could expect labour to start within 48 hours (although obviously that's not going to b the case for everyone). Good luck, sending labour dust your way! :)

Yes, sorry but it was ages for me. My antenatal class had told me within 24 hours labour would start, and it was my due date. Dylan arrived 12 days late after an emergency c section and failed induction. So for me, losing the plug meant nothing

Yes, sorry but it was ages for me. My antenatal class had told me within 24 hours labour would start, and it was my due date. Dylan arrived 12 days late after an emergency c section and failed induction. So for me, losing the plug meant nothing
Nooooooooo :'(

That's it, all hope is lost. Haha!

I lost plug daily for like 3 weeks last time! :haha:

I will say that the period-type pains that I had last time seem to be what were dilating me. I was 4cms dilated for a couple weeks, then 5cms dilated for a week before I went in to be induced. So I think the period pains are a positive sign! :thumbup:

I lost my plug, had mikd but regular contractions for 36 HR, 1 cm dilated and was still another 15 days before actual labour.

I lost my mucus plug a couple of weeks before my waters broke in my first pregnancy. Can't remember the second time around.

I lost my mucus plug and ended up being induced the following week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->