Did anyone sway for a Girl or Boy and did it work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dollych

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Just wondered if any of you tried any methods to have a Boy or a Girl and did it work???. I know this thread may annoy some of you because we shouldn't be bothered what gender we have as long as they are healthy, but I just wanted to know if the methods work, i.e the shettles method, DTD a few days before ovulation to have a Girl and on the day of ovulation to have a Boy e.t.c. thanks. x

We were at least 2-3 days before o, poor diet, month all pointed to girl, but they're both boys. :( (I would have loved one of each.)

We didn't actively sway but I did look back after I found out I was pregnant and noticed we DTD 4 days, and 2 days before O. And I always hoped for a girl.....and she is!!

I wasnt tracking my ovulation but pretty sure I fell pregnant during ovulation. I was also on top when we got pregnant and we're having a boy

We were at least 2-3 days before o, poor diet, month all pointed to girl, but they're both boys. :( (I would have loved one of each.)

That's nice. I'm sure the little boy you'd rather was a girl would feel great to know that.

That's nice. I'm sure the little boy you'd rather was a girl would feel great to know that.

What an incredibly rude and judgemental thing to say. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a post you are replying in, keep your mouth shut & your fingers OFF the keyboard.

Not sure that was a comment called for. You knew what the topic was from the title and the Original post. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" comes to mind...

We had fertility issues, and ended up doing an IUI for this pregnancy. I told my DH that we had a higher probability of having another boy, since you have the procedure done on the day of ovulation. Yep! it's another boy, so there may be something to the theory of bd'ing the day of ovulation to have a boy, and a few days before to have a girl.

We had fertility issues, and ended up doing an IUI for this pregnancy. I told my DH that we had a higher probability of having another boy, since you have the procedure done on the day of ovulation. Yep! it's another boy, so there may be something to the theory of bd'ing the day of ovulation to have a boy, and a few days before to have a girl.

Idk we did IUI as well the day of and it's def a little girl in there. The theories all seem so silly to me but I haven't done any research on the matter :shrug:

I wasn't swaying for either one but I did look back at when we DTD and we did it the day of and after my ovulating and I was on top both times. We are being blessed a wonderful little boy. I also had a very protein/carb heavy week that week as well. Which I have read suggest a boy where fruit and dairy heavy diets help with girls. I think this thread will be interesting to see what worked for some people and to see if there is a connection. And like others have said "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"

I did ivf and you have a higher chance of having a boy - we are happy just to have a healthy baby but I always swung a little more for a boy as our family is full of girls.
I was told that the male sperm stays alive the longest and are the slower swimmers where a girl sperm swims the fastest and dies quickly

What an incredibly rude and judgemental thing to say. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a post you are replying in, keep your mouth shut & your fingers OFF the keyboard.

No way! I'm sick to the back teeth of people saying how they would prefer this sex and that sex as if its a bloody iPhone you're ordering not a beautiful precious little child! Why wish away your child's life like that? It's disgusting! God blesses you with a child, it's not your choice to decide what it's going to be and to put an unhappy face beside the fact that you're having two wonderful little boys is just unbelievable! I have had to hear this a lot and I've just got so sick of it. Catch yourselves on! Furthermore don't tell me to shut my mouth when I'm the one speaking bloody sense. Either be grateful for the child your given or don't have one!
And I wouldn't bother arguing back as that's my final word on the matter.

No way! I'm sick to the back teeth of people saying how they would prefer this sex and that sex as if its a bloody iPhone you're ordering not a beautiful precious little child! Why wish away your child's life like that? It's disgusting! God blesses you with a child, it's not your choice to decide what it's going to be and to put an unhappy face beside the fact that you're having two wonderful little boys is just unbelievable! I have had to hear this a lot and I've just got so sick of it. Catch yourselves on! Furthermore don't tell me to shut my mouth when I'm the one speaking bloody sense. Either be grateful for the child your given or don't have one!
And I wouldn't bother arguing back as that's my final word on the matter.

Gender disappointment is a real thing. I'm sorry you can't show compassion but perhaps it's best you just didn't comment. I'm sure the poster wouldn't trade her boys for anything but there's nothing wrong with wanting something you don't have. Furthermore, you don't have to "hear" about this you chose to read about this on a clearly entitled thread. Move on please...

I never knew the gender of any of my angels. Amjon knew she lost a girl. I think if I lost a specific gender I'd sort of crave another of the same gender. I certainly don't blame amjon for wanting a daughter after losing hers! Doesn't mean she will love her boys any less though, does it? My parents hoped I would be a boy after a string of girls but I got enough love and security that it was a fact which was made light of.

We kinda swayed for a boy by my diet but we didn't time intercourse with O... We're having a prince :)

Oops I have put it around the wrong way

I'm pregnant with dd2 and we tried for girls both times. My cycles are really regular so we stopped dtd 3/4 days before o (so only girl sperm are still alive at o), when it was 'trying' sex I didn't orgasm (changes acidity levels and makes things more favourable to boy sperms if you orgasm) and DH would make his deposit not too deeply (so fast boy sperm die off).

Chances are 50/50 generally but I think that these 3 things probably did swing things in our favour.

Thread temporarily closed. This will be cleaned up tomorrow and reopened.

1 member under review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back