did everyone...?

K

KaeRit21

hey again ladies...am just wondering...did everyone get a 20 week scan?? or is it only some areas that get these??

:shrug:

xxx

i think this is pretty standard? I have got mine on 9th october. Maybe some of the other girls can help out a bit more!! xx

i didnt get one. i first went for my scan at bout 11 and a half weeks. but baba was lyin really awkwardly and i had to wait three weeks and go back. i got re-scanned at 14 weeks and that was it.

just me??

xx

yeh i had a 20 weeks scan and all my pregnant buddies lol. x

Scotland does work differently for some reason, maybe some other scots or ladies up that way can help hun . The rest of uk get a 20wk as standard & i assumed that included scotland but alot of ladies on here do mention a difference in these things.

That sounds wrong to me - have you asked your MW what scans you should get?

A 20 week scan is pretty standard in the UK - it is an anomaly scan that picks up a certain number of important defects...

I am very surprised taht you haven't had one...

QT

The 20 week scan is the big anatomy scan. It's very important to have it done because they check everything to make sure everything is growing normally, etc. They check the brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, bones, etc. so if there is a problem they can identify it and discuss with you what needs to be done (like if your baby will need surgery or something). Also its an opportunity to find out the gender and see the baby! :D

the only thing that gets me is if baby had been right way round at 11 and half weeks that woulda been the end of it...how can that be ok?

am really confused at the differences between parts of the country, ud think a 20 week scan would be seen as standard practise for all pregnant ladies

xxx

Have searched the web and it does look like Scotland only offer the 12 week scan. See the link below to a petition to get the 20 week scan available too.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ultrasound-scans-for-pregnant-mothers-in-scotland.html

Let's all sign the petition on behalf of all the Scottish ladies out there!!

I'd definately phone your hospital hun - is that where you had your booking appointment?

My 20w scan was booked in at my first ever appointment at 9 weeks.

I'd phone the maternity ward and ask with them....if they are no help i'd call the ultrasound dept and mention you havent heard about your 20w scan....just say you would have expected the letter by now, can they help.

Have searched the web and it does look like Scotland only offer the 12 week scan. See the link below to a petition to get the 20 week scan available too.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/ultrasound-scans-for-pregnant-mothers-in-scotland.html

WHAT?? Surely thats not right....I just signed it....how can England and Scotland differ that much?

big thanks to jenstar1976....

ive signed it too...but am completely dumbfounded as to why its so diff. it doesnt seem fair.

xxx

WHAT?? Surely thats not right....I just signed it....how can England and Scotland differ that much?

Unfortunatley the Scotland NHS is quite different to England NHS - the Scottish Parliament have also made extreme changes with regard to Education and Justice (hence the Libyian stuff at the mo) (it's all because of the Scotland Act 1998).

to everyone reading this...please please sign the petition

xxx

If I were you, I'd head below the border, and make up some sort of pain/cramping!! Get taken to A&E and see if they'll do a scan then......even if its not the offical anomoloy scan, they might check for the normal stuff (kidneys, heart etc etc)

....i was in hospital up here at 19 weeks with painful abdominal tightenings and all they did was take my blood.

im thinking of going private....if anything its peace of mind...i know i can feel and see baby moving but....

if anyone has any suggestions on scanning places, please help!

xxx

Mines next thursday :D so excited!

it's the only ultrasound I get unless there's a problem (other than my 4d optional scan that I'm paying for)

I'm having a 20 week scan & I live in the East Midlands.
xx​

I signed the petition. I had no idea that you wouldn't get a 20 week scan. I hope that gets changed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->