did i break my vagina?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by aliwnec10, Nov 19, 2011.

1. aliwnec10

aliwnec10 Well-Known Member

So the other day i was grocery shopping with my son and he was in one of those big carts that you drive. Anyway we were going around the corner and all of a sudden i felt a sharp pain in my vagina. Like my vagina bone or something. Now i have long legs so to take my normal steps kind of hurt and i found then when i took smaller steps it was fine.

Now this was 3 nights ago. Every once in a while i do something and i get a pain in my groin again. Like lifting up my leg in the shower to shave.

has anyone experienced this before?

I'm 29 weeks. Getting that heavy feeling now. My husband wants to have sex and honestly i feel like it would kill me right now. I almost feel like the baby is right there in my vagina. :haha:

Any ideas?

2. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

I lol'd at the title. It sounds like a pulled muscle or something similar but check with your gp if you're worried.

3. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

Hahaha.. So sorry. I thought I broke my pelvis when I put my foot up on my OH's chest to have OH tie my shoe for me... But the pain went away after about 3 weeks. Sorry I don't have better news, but it DID go away!

4. diverdi

diverdi Well-Known Member

Sounds like SPD. The pelvis has a joint right in the middle at the front (follow a line down from your belly button until you feel your pelvic bone, it's there). Normally it's a fibrous joint, same as the ones in your skull which means it doesn't move, but the hormone Relaxin released during pregnancy relxes and loosens this joint so it can allow baby to pass through during labour. Unfortunately that also means it can be hurt on movement or just get generally uncomfortable.
    Sounds like your should just ease with some rest and paracetamol but if not your midwife can arrange physio or a support.

5. diamondgem27

diamondgem27 Well-Known Member

Hi hun it sounds just like the pains I get and I have spd. Just try take it easy as it does gradually get worse and you still have a few months to go. You could ask your midwife to arrange for physio sessions as these sometimes help. I haven't bothered as I was 35 weeks when diagnosed and only had a week left to work before I could rest x x

6. Jade_Kitten

Jade_Kitten Pregnant with #2

i have had this for about a month now...its constantly there but if i lift my leg to go up steps or put shoes on its much worse.

7. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

if its sharp stabbing internal pains its probably baby pushing on your cervix if its pain in the structure of your pelvis its SPD< which you will need to see a physio about but cervix pain is completely normal and natural its just baby putting pressure there and giving you sharp twinges and its quite common to get it worse in 2nd-3rd-etc... pregnancies too

8. Sweetk1

Sweetk1 Well-Known Member

Could be pubic symphasis diastisis. Google it and read and see if it sounds like what your feeling!
    I'm in agony with it throug the night when I'm getting up for a wee. Also if I've been sat for a while or driving when I get up I can hardly walk.

9. Sweetk1

Sweetk1 Well-Known Member

10. Johnnieswife

Johnnieswife Well-Known Member

Sounds like SPD to me too, if it turns out to be that you should avoid pushing and pulling, standing on one leg, and dress yourself sitting down. Keep your knees together as much as possible as the more you move around the worse the pain gets :( I've had it since 12 wks on this pregnancy, when I get out of bed my pubic bone makes a huge cracking sound and the pain is horrific :0

11. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

I was told by a million people that I had SPD, too, because of my symptoms... But the truth is, your joints aren't as sturdy now with all that relaxin, and it's easy for things to get sore and/or pop out of place. Keep your legs together for a few weeks. Don't spread them much at all if you can manage it. This got rid of my pain.