Did I cause her wind?

history_girls

Mummy to 2 Girlies
Reaction score
LO has had terrible gurgling wind the last few days - you can hear her on the otherwise of the room - and she has become a poo queen. I had chilli one night followed by curry the next.

Will my diet have such an effect?

It can do, some are selective to what you eat. Mine where. If I eat eggs I am in for a night of crying and throwing up with mine. Got better as we went along though I could have some now and again. Garlic was the worst.

It's unlikely to have done. Spices aren't generally a problem in themselves and the effects from spices can't physically pass into your milk, same with gas causing compounds in some vegetables. The only thing that can pass into your milk are proteins, it's true most fruits and veg do contain some proteins but in most cases it is extremely rare that these particular proteins can cause a problem. The proteins that usually cause problems are milk, soya, eggs and less likely wheat and other grains. Meat proteins can also cause problems in a minority of babies, beef being the likely culprit. I would say it's coincidence and wouldn't restrict your diet just yet. My youngest is intolerant to quite a few things via my milk but we know as it causes him bloody mucousy poo which he strains and struggles to get out as opposed to just wind-though corn causes him both though extreme wind like he is going to take off and bloody stools :(. The latest culprit appears to be oats though thankfully his digestive system seems to be toughening up and I now have to eat large quantities of an offending food to cause any issue xx

Could have been dairy in curry as some have cream in them. I cant wait to get past this stage I would like to eat garlic again.

Thank you for such helpful replies!

I think I might just keep an eye on what I eat and her gurgling. She's been a lot better today. I have had a bit more diary this week.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->