Did I do the right thing?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe has just had HUGE crying/screaming fit. She's never done it before.

I changed her, offered milk-not interested in bottle or breast even though over 4 hours since last feed, didnt want dummy, had 2 big burps but still screaming, not interested in cuddles or songs.

In the end I gave her some calpol and she calmed down in 5 minutes.

Did I do the right thing?

Yes :hugs: If she was in any sort of pain that would've soothed it.

I have done the same with Bren. When I have tried everything and he is just crying and crying, and it sounds like he is hurting, then out comes the baby Tylenol.

Yup same here try everything and then baby tempra comes out

Its fine hun,you gotta do something for her.
Sometimes if Tabs doesnt settle like that i give her the teething powder stuff and that really calms her down xx i generally dont give the calpol now though as when i did before she slept for 3 hours!!!! so unlike Tabs so it scared me lol

She dd slep for while afterwards but I out that down to not feeling well. As I have a flu bug I figure she may well have a bit f that- she has been coughing a lot

It could be earache or a sore throat so I think you did the right thing for the situation. If it happens again though maybe you should get her checked out. Not good to keep giving pain medicine IMO when you don't know whats actually wrong as it could then just get worse.

Yes,you did.
If she calmed down after it,it means it helped her. :)

Thanks girls, deep down I was doing the right thing, but i worry about giving medicine if she doesnt really need it, god I'm bad enough myself, I have to be bedridden before I take a paracetamol!

She's been fine today, I think she must've had a pain somewhere

Sounds like u did the rite thing hun if it calmed her. Think i need to get some calpol in on standby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->